FT ALPHA

Gwr1960

FT ALPHA what a great flying plane. Thanks to the stem kids, great work
FT ALPHA.JPG

Hoomi

Master member
I fly mine on a 3S battery, either 850 mAh or 1000 mAh, and have the Velcro for securing the battery attached back pretty much centered on CG marks. With mine, I can easily position the battery for just slightly noseheavy, and she flies nicely that way.

I fly mine on a 3S battery, either 850 mAh or 1000 mAh, and have the Velcro for securing the battery attached back pretty much centered on CG marks. With mine, I can easily position the battery for just slightly noseheavy, and she flies nicely that way.
Ok i ll try that too

Incader

My Alpha seems to not have enough power.
I am using a 3a battery with a 5-8 year old power pack F that works fine. It used to fly just fine but now it doesn’t have enough speed to get the lift needed.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Is the battery that old too? They deteriorate over time.

Have you changed the propeller? If you put the wrong rotation propeller on, or if you put it on backwards it would display a lack of power.

Is that the brown foamboard. I have problems with paint not sticking good.

Yes it is. A few tips (i had the same issue)
- sand it a little bit
- degrease
- use primer
Fof masking tape i use low adhesive tape, (or atick it on my sweater first) otherwise i remove the paint.
With these steps it works out nicely

Attachments

• 20220101_163124.jpg
    20220101_163124.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20220114-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20220114-WA0013.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211218_205921.jpg
    20211218_205921.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Incader

The battery is about a year old now with proper storage and use.
The prop is loose now that I take a second look. It doesn’t have an exactly good fit. Means that the propeller has a hole too small for the mount on the motor and I’ve been hoping that the rubber fitting has been strong enough. Thanks guys for the help.

The battery is about a year old now with proper storage and use.
The prop is loose now that I take a second look. It doesn’t have an exactly good fit. Means that the propeller has a hole too small for the mount on the motor and I’ve been hoping that the rubber fitting has been strong enough. Thanks guys for the help.

Nice work ;)