FT Bloody Wonder V2 - PROJECT

Razer_Ghost

I know this question might have been asked before but has anyone got a good measurement for the CG. I copied the one from the V1 but it still seemed to be off. It seems to be a 1/4inch in front of that mark of the V1. I maidened mine over the weekend and ended up with a 1/4 in front of the V1 line. After I got the CG correct the plane flew like it was on rails.

I'm curious about the CG too. I build a v2 it of some Elmer's foam board I had for another project. It's heavier for sure but requires a 2200 mah battery hanging about 1 inch off the nose to get it balanced. I haven't flown yet but I'm a little reluctant because where I'm measuring the CG is possibly wrong. My best guess is that the heavier foam board is weighing down the tail of the plane making it hard to balance.

Anyone have similar experience? Can anyone give me a measurement from the leading edge where the CG should be?

Thanks!

- Jes

Kyrre

Im also confused about the cg. The leaflet in the speedbuild kit says 40.5 mm, but that seems way to far forward. I read that someone says about 70 mm, but that makes my plane extremely nose heavy. And I have read that many people are having the exact opposite problem. Im using a 2830 motor though, its maybe heavier than what others are using, so that may be the reason for that.

mjmccarron

I balance mine 3/4" - 1" behind the main spar. That's about even with the back of the aileron servo. This location was found by trial and error as the CG is not clearly called out on the plans. General rule of thumb is 25 - 30% MAC (mean aerodynamic chord) as a starting point for most conventional fixed wing aircraft. The Bloody Wonder is a lot of fun and not what I consider "conventional" Good luck! Another tip if you are a low time pilot, attach about 35 - 40ft of crepe paper (party streamer) to it. Tape it to the back of the power pod. This is usually done for combat but I have found that it gives the airplane a great deal of stability. This design can do some ridiculous maneuvers and sometimes it does when you aren't ready for it.
Have fun,
Mike

menachg

I've the bloody wonder v1 already printed out a long time ago and i don't want to throw them away what are the main changes that i can still incorporate by my own or its very simple to change on the plans do any body that built the v1 and now the v2 have any advice?

usarmyfl

Will this plane work ok with a 2826 2200kv and 6x4 prop? Thanks

*edit* Sorry, I went through more pages of this thread and found someone who used this motor. Thanks

Matt

Last edited:

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
I've the bloody wonder v1 already printed out a long time ago and i don't want to throw them away what are the main changes that i can still incorporate by my own or its very simple to change on the plans do any body that built the v1 and now the v2 have any advice?

The V2 has mostly changes that make it easier to line everything up. The spar is a little different, and the back portion of the fuse was changed to make the plane stronger. Overall, I don't believe the changes were major. You should be able to add most of the updates by just looking at the PDF plans for the V2.