FT Bloody Wonder V2 - PROJECT

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
My year old second build is still going strong through many an unintentional landing. I don't know if they were talking about my BWs rudders, but I'll pretend like they were :rolleyes: and throw that old video up for old time's sake.

Bolvon72, I'm currently making the Bloody Wonder for RC Desk Pilot and I'm copying your color scheme for the version with rudder. I'm also copying your name of calling it the Rudder Wonder. Actually, I'm copying yours as much as possible. :D

rcspaceflight

Is there going to be a revised build video? Or does the old build video still apply to the V2 plans?

For someone who has never built a V1, this isn't entirely clear.

I assume they're going to do the build video for Wednesday/Tomorrow's episode. But the plans are relatively self explanatory. But it did take me a while to figure it out when modeling it using Sketchup.

There is a green line on the vertical stabilizers because you want them tall for vertical take off, but you want them cut short for landing gear.

The part that holds the power pod doesn't have any tabs for it to line up with the wings, but the rear part of the fuselage does.
ScreenHunter_331 Mar. 25 17.25.jpg

I hope that picture explains how it goes together. There is a tab on the rear part of the fuse that goes through the front part and into the wings.

The tail glues flush with the wings. You probably could cut the tail and wings out from one piece of foam board, if you had a big enough sheet.

Bolvon72

Mentor
Bolvon72, I'm currently making the Bloody Wonder for RC Desk Pilot and I'm copying your color scheme for the version with rudder. I'm also copying your name of calling it the Rudder Wonder. Actually, I'm copying yours as much as possible. :D

Wow, thanks, Ive been trying to get my transmitter to work with rc desk pilot, I try to fly your designs on the keyboard but it's so unnatural. I had best try harder to figure it out.

rcspaceflight

Love RCDeskPilot.

Please share the Bloody Wonder when you can -- that would be awesome!

I was debating if I want to write an article for it or not. I don't want to write up an article for every plane I make for RCDP, but the Bloody Wonder would probably be the only exception.

dwardio

I'm not seeing the firewall/motor mount pattern on either the v1 or v2 plans... I can pull it from one of the other swappable plans, but am I missing something obvious?

Ditto the CG mark-- seems to be missing from the v2 plans.

Thanks!

jake wallace

Has anyone built a double scale bloody, I love them so much I'm thinking about trying it! I'm thinking it'll be a foam board behemoth and should turn some heads at the flying field

Woo finally was able to get some flights in with this baby. "Beef" sized motors make this, I was unable to get a vertical take off with the blue wonder. The beef with a 9"x 7.5" prop and a 1300mah 3s has been amazing.

The only changes I made to the original plans were

-adding bbq skewers to the top and bottom fin edges for when I land and to give something to sit on besides foam when taking off.
-adding a small piece of foam on the inside edges of the fins were they meet the tail section. I did this because it seemed a bit weak there and it helped keep them vertically aligned.
The picture below shows most of what I did(didn't realize how well the piece blended in when I took the picture so I tried to outline the piece I added)

FinOutline.jpg

Besides that, I think that when I build another I'll make the top edge of the wing a tad longer to give it angled tips, and add rudder control.

eagle4

lankyjames. I would love to see how you managed to crash it so as to rip the wing in half. good job :)

lankyjames

lankyjames. I would love to see how you managed to crash it so as to rip the wing in half. good job :)

Straight down :D I was attempting to pull out of a dive inverted with the wind against the underside of the plane, my thoughts of 'should roll it and pull out' were a fraction too late to the upcoming ground. New one in the works, black this time i think :)

mreby

Hi. First time poster ...ever. My friend and I went to the print store to print the Bloody Wonder v2 and we were there forever and left without plans.
If the full size plans were redone so that it uses 2 sheets it would work and we'd be flying by now. The Version one is in two sheets.
I'm suprized to see no one else had this problem yet.
I Love Flitetest and this is the first website I've joined.
Thank you.

Hi. First time poster ...ever. My friend and I went to the print store to print the Bloody Wonder v2 and we were there forever and left without plans.
If the full size plans were redone so that it uses 2 sheets it would work and we'd be flying by now. The Version one is in two sheets.
Thank you.

Keep it simple, if you can't find tiled plans (and I though there were some) use Adobe X to print them out, the directions are on the original build vid of the BW, basically from the print dialogue choose poster, check cut marks, and make sure your scale is 100%. It's a little more time consuming having to put all the pieces together but tape them together well and when you're done roll everything up cause I promise you're plane won't last for ever heheh.

I have done 7 scratch builds using the FT provided tiled plans, I had to use Adobe to do the bloody wonder. the planes flew GREAT the pilot, eh not so much. (currently working on my 3rd F22).

Good Luck

-Jes

mreby

Thanks Jes
I'll do the tiled plans if I have to. I made a spitfire with the full plans and its just nicer not to have so much tape. I'll quit whining and go build!

Was flying my bloody wonder on a new motor the other day, think it's a 2212-10 cheetah from bp, but I don't have it in front of me right now.

Plane was constantly rolling right on me, I'm wondering if the torque of the motor (roughlya 160W motor) is causing it. I could have a slight twist in the airframe and the tail isn't perfectly straight, but I think it may be more a matter of small wingspan and good bit of rolling torque.

Thoughts?

Tactical Ex

Was flying my bloody wonder on a new motor the other day, think it's a 2212-10 cheetah from bp, but I don't have it in front of me right now.

Plane was constantly rolling right on me, I'm wondering if the torque of the motor (roughlya 160W motor) is causing it. I could have a slight twist in the airframe and the tail isn't perfectly straight, but I think it may be more a matter of small wingspan and good bit of rolling torque.

Thoughts?

What size propeller?

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Thank you.

I had mine printed at a print shop. I just told them to print it at 100% scale. The plans are done in one long sheet, but they should be able to do it.

Tactical Ex

Hrmmm, I don't know if I would attribute your problems to torque roll, maybe not entirely. I have an 8x6 prop on a higher torque motor and I don't see something that severe. I do have a fairly heavy plane but, still, I think it is less likely. You might want to check the wing and see if they are formed symmetrically between the right and left wing.