FT Bloody Wonder Weight Question

Hi everyone, I am going to scratch build a Bloody Wonder out of Dollar Tree Foamboard, and I am wondering if covering the entire plane in packing tape or extreme packing tape so I could do combat would add too much weight? I will be using Flite Test's Power Pack C with a 3S 2200mah lipo.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
I did and had no problem with weight.

image.jpg

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
That airframe actually handles weight really well. I don't believe the weight will be a problem.

iwlf

My AUW w/o battery is 391g. All taped and hot glue construction and 1/8th ply firewall. No problems with weight.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
I just flew a 2200 40c(200g) battery for 20 minutes at about 50% throttle with occasional 100% and still had 14% left in the usable mah. So I could have flew a few more minutes, started raining too hard and didn't want to get tx too wet.

Ntm 2826 1200kv
9x6 APC
18a hobbyking ss
AUW w/2200= (520g)

w/o battery 320g

Last edited:

LooseBruce

Hi everyone, I am going to scratch build a Bloody Wonder out of Dollar Tree Foamboard, and I am wondering if covering the entire plane in packing tape or extreme packing tape so I could do combat would add too much weight? I will be using Flite Test's Power Pack C with a 3S 2200mah lipo.
The weight of packing tape is negligible for this plane. Also it adds great color and waterproofing as well as strength. The extreme packing tape I believe is much heavier and not necessary.I have the swappable Bloody Wonder MKIII and use extreme packing tape only on the power pod. I often use packing tape. On planes where weight is an issue I remove some of the paper. That is not necessary here.
Good luck, LooseBruce