FT-Blunt Nose Wing modify maiden fly*- Flight log Day6

andycho

Because of flying field is far away .. so I can fly only at weekend,not every weekend. so there is only day 6.. Still learning..
I cut the video.. for log record the way of my RC trip, hope you like it :)

Winglet

I liked it very much. The blunt nose Versa Wing is my favorite airplane and yours looks like it flys very well. Please keep posting video of your progress. Welcome to the forum!

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
The rebuild looks nice! I still have to find time and motivation to finish my rebuild after getting it caught in a tree on my last flight. It looks like you could use a bit more expo on your elevator controls on the TX, if it supports exponential throws. Otherwise, it looks like you're getting the hang of flying! I might try to get more altitude and stay up high to practice more.

Jimmyp

Your wing is taking a lot of abuse. Looks like you need a little up deflection or trim on the elevons. The nose seems to be dipping quite a bit. When you are up high try to trim out both the elevator and aileron the wing so it flies well with the sticks neutral. Another recommendation is to go much higher when you launch. I always coach new pilots to go "three mistakes" high until you get practiced. This allows for some mistakes to happen and still be able to recover.
I'm glad you are having fun with the wing.

andycho

It is very helpful for me. Thank you so much. I will adjust what your mention to my wing and try other time. :D

birch147

Great vid...love seeing people's "learn" vids. Quick suggestion...put a strip of lightweight colored tape or something on the top or bottom, your choice, to help you see the planes' orientation. Also..it looks like you might want to confirm the center of gravity. Little pitchy...or like the comment earlier...spend some time trimming it up high. Delta wings sometimes require a little reflex (Up trim) to fly level and they only need a little bit of control throw so maybe adjusting the amount of control throw or dialing in some exponential. You get pretty good as the video progresses...the Flite test planes sure are good a taking a beating.

scooter99

Great build and flight vids. I had same experience with maiden. I needed to add 12degrees of "UP" elevon then adjusted CG around to stop the pitching. But finally after 2 rebuilds the plane too bent so I had to trash it and started a new wing. Built in what I learned and added spray foam to inner lead edge to stiffen the lead edge from crashes. Never give up!