FT bundle packages

Fat willie

OK, I got excited and went through all the on line avenues to figure out what I really want for a first time plane. My old man ego wont let me go for something that looks like something that is intended for a 6 year old (ego alert) I am wanting something that the electronics can be expandable or at least a transmitter that I may be able to bind to another air frame.

I am not knocking the Apprentice, Sport Cub or any other RTF out on the market now. I figured I could not go wrong with the Tiny Trainer package deal ( yeah, I know what I said about 6 year olds and the name Tiny Trainer just smacked the ego pretty good). Well the initial out lay is almost a C note less than the Apprentice and I can get the Graupner radio which I assume is expandable to other planes with the proprietary receiver etc,etc.

Building would not be all that much of a bother, I would have to clear my modeling area from all my in progress builds to make room for the new kid in town. Build time should not take more than a couple of days. So, I think I'll be putting my order
in for the kit in the next couple of days.

Cheers

Paul.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
1- practice on some $1 store foam board. building is not as easy as they make it look and it makes a huge difference
2- the tiny trainer as much as they say "trainer" is not that easy to fly.
3- the spektrum tx that came with the trainer kit is a 1 bird only tx. you can bind to other planes no prob but every time you do, you will loose all your setting for the other plane. it does not remember. not sure about the Graupner but i would verify first. spend the money on a nicer one if you have any intention of sticking with flying.
4- couple days is a goo timeline. make sure you watch their build video several times, pay attention, the devil's in the details.

good luck,

jason ;)

Ross

It took me 4 or 5 builds until I was satisfied with my skills. Was a proud moment... That was about 10-12 planes ago.. :D

jtrops

If you hope to fly other birds in the future you may want to reconsider the Spektrum. Spektrum receivers are less expensive than Graupner, and there are far more options for "Bind and Fly" (BNF) models (at least in the US). Plus there is a robust assortment of "Spektrum compatible" equipment which makes it much easier to get.

All of that being said...

If you enjoy building as much as I do you will probably just want to build your fleet, and in that case the whole BNF issue becomes irrelevant. I started with a Flysky i6, and it has been great. It is by no means the best radio out there, but for a $50 radio (with receiver) it has features of radios costing 3 times as much. Still a beginner radio; however, you can go a long time with it before feeling the need to upgrade. While there are some BNF models that bind with Flysky there aren't many.

If you add up the cost of a Tiny Trainer kit, Power Pack "A", and a Flysky radio system it will cost about the same as the sale price on the "get started" package. As a bonus you'll have a radio that you can grow with (for a bit anyway).

Fat willie

This gives me much more to look at, Thanks I just checked out the flyski I6 and pulled the trigger on one.

Fat willie

If you hope to fly other birds in the future you may want to reconsider the Spektrum. Spektrum receivers are less expensive than Graupner, and there are far more options for "Bind and Fly" (BNF) models (at least in the US). Plus there is a robust assortment of "Spektrum compatible" equipment which makes it much easier to get.

All of that being said...

If you enjoy building as much as I do you will probably just want to build your fleet, and in that case the whole BNF issue becomes irrelevant. I started with a Flysky i6, and it has been great. It is by no means the best radio out there, but for a $50 radio (with receiver) it has features of radios costing 3 times as much. Still a beginner radio; however, you can go a long time with it before feeling the need to upgrade. While there are some BNF models that bind with Flysky there aren't many.

If you add up the cost of a Tiny Trainer kit, Power Pack "A", and a Flysky radio system it will cost about the same as the sale price on the "get started" package. As a bonus you'll have a radio that you can grow with (for a bit anyway).

Well my radio arrived today. A Eachine I6. Bought it off of Ebay for around $40.00 from a guy that bought it new in an RTF plane but he liked his high dollar set best. Waiting for payday to continue on and maybe learn some new and exciting stuff.

Paul