FT Bushwacker build! My third FT plane!

FDS

Elite member
That’s often the problem with HK, they list stuff and allow you to buy it even though they don’t have any in stock. I never use the HK warehouse, you can get slapped with import tax which wipes out the savings plus some more. It depends on which shipper they use. Banggood is better for cheap stuff if you don’t care about the wait.
HK’s country based warehouses are excellent IF they have what you want in stock. Never buy anything that’s on backorder.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
That’s often the problem with HK, they list stuff and allow you to buy it even though they don’t have any in stock. I never use the HK warehouse, you can get slapped with import tax which wipes out the savings plus some more. It depends on which shipper they use. Banggood is better for cheap stuff if you don’t care about the wait.
HK’s country based warehouses are excellent IF they have what you want in stock. Never buy anything that’s on backorder.

Ok, Thank you for the advise!

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I tried to buy those very lights from HK. Their US warehouse said they had them in stock, so I put an order in for 5 sets of them (they were on sale).

A MONTH LATER, they still hadn't shipped - but they had charged my card and taken my money. So I started writing and asking where my shipment was. Turns out the US warehouse only had 1 in stock. Hong Kong had 20 of them in stock, but they wouldn't transfer it from Hong Kong to the US to fulfill warehouse needs. I could cancel my shipment and then reorder them from the HK warehouse, but then I would lose out on the sale price and have to pay 4 times as much as what the price was when I placed the order.

I went up the chain, and finally got someone who said they would get it shipped to me from Hong Kong, and they would swallow the difference in price. I got it a week and a half after they finally switched it around, but I've sworn off HobbyKing because of it. It left such a bad taste in my mouth, because all they could tell me was, "Well, we don't know when the US warehouse will get more in stock..." but they couldn't ship from a warehouse that HAD them in stock TO the warehouse that only had 1 in stock (and because of it, it kept saying that it was in stock, waiting for someone to buy ONE so they could then say it was on back order and then order some more).

PoorManRC

Master member
That's really sad... And frustrating. I've been hearing stories about HK like that for awhile. The stocking issues was one of the main reasons why FT dropped them, and pursued other Sponsors.

..... That's no way to run a Business in a Global Economy!

~ Carmine

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
That's really sad... And frustrating. I've been hearing stories about HK like that for awhile. The stocking issues was one of the main reasons why FT dropped them, and pursued other Sponsors.

..... That's no way to run a Business in a Global Economy!

~ Carmine

Yeah, I know.:(

Where do you think I should order my parts from?

My parts list was:

LED nav light set
4'' foam tundra stile wheels
Landing gear collar bushings( I don't know what they are called but they are to keep the wheels from coming off)
Servo cord extensions.

Kbat11700

Yeah, I know.:(

Where do you think I should order my parts from?

My parts list was:

LED nav light set
4'' foam tundra stile wheels
Landing gear collar bushings( I don't know what they are called but they are to keep the wheels from coming off)
Servo cord extensions.

Anywhere you please. I've ordered most of that myself off of Amazon actually. eBay works to. Valuehobby, headsuprc, graysonhobby are all good to.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Anywhere you please. I've ordered most of that myself off of Amazon actually. eBay works to. Valuehobby, headsuprc, graysonhobby are all good to.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from eBay, it's always worked for me.

I'll look around a little and see what I can find.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I've ordered a bunch of stuff from eBay, it's always worked for me.

I'll look around a little and see what I can find.

eBay can be questionable...Look to see where it's coming from. A lot of it, you'll find, is being shipped from China, which can mean long wait times, or tariffs that you have to pay to get the parts, or even knockoffs/counterfeit parts. RunCam had an issue with that, and has a holographic sticker and serial number that changes with each item sent out so you can guarantee it's the real thing.

You can certainly get good parts from there; just be aware of some of the issues, especially with shipping times and increased costs.

I've gotten a lot of the things you're talking about from Amazon...They're not perfect, but at least I can use Amazon gift cards that my parents have given me for them. :)

Kbat11700

eBay can be questionable...Look to see where it's coming from. A lot of it, you'll find, is being shipped from China, which can mean long wait times, or tariffs that you have to pay to get the parts, or even knockoffs/counterfeit parts. RunCam had an issue with that, and has a holographic sticker and serial number that changes with each item sent out so you can guarantee it's the real thing.

You can certainly get good parts from there; just be aware of some of the issues, especially with shipping times and increased costs.

I've gotten a lot of the things you're talking about from Amazon...They're not perfect, but at least I can use Amazon gift cards that my parents have given me for them. :)

Yes, I always set my filter to items located in the US only when I use eBay. That was a good point I forgot about.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Thanks for all the help guys!

Ok, so I am just about the order a LED light system form eBay. I want to be able to turn them on/off from my transmitter. Do I have to buy a separate switch(Like THIS) to be able to do that?

thanks

Kbat11700

Thanks for all the help guys!

Ok, so I am just about the order a LED light system form eBay. I want to be able to turn them on/off from my transmitter. Do I have to buy a separate switch(Like THIS) to be able to do that?

thanks

My gut tells me no... But the fact that the switch you linked exist has me second guessing.

I feel like if you have a switch that you can set to full "throw" and no "throw" when you flip it back and forth then I feel like you shouldn't need anything. But I've never set up a light system myself.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Ok, So I I finally got my LED nav light set. I got it from eBay.

The cables seem pretty long, I just hope they reach to the wingtips.

My Hobbyking order should be here in about a week, then I can start building.

DSCN2473.jpg