FT Bushwacker BUILD

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
On my planes I can tell a huge (good) difference when I go from the 9x5 to the 10x4.5 and also the 11x4.5 props. Just more power and response. Are your 10x4.5 props here yet? On my tx I can slow the speed down that the flaps deploy. It might be something for you to look into as it seems your DXe can do most the stuff my DX6E can do through the computer. Also, are you using an external bec? If not, what’s the size of the bec that is in your esc. I’ve heard people say that the typical esc bec’s can’t handle 6 servos...
Good point, I haven't had a brownout before. Mind you I have never run 6 servos either, but I the two flights I have had with BW there hasn't been an issue yet. Not that I have noticed and I had the flaps deployed for half the flight.

I want to try the new 10" props and see what happens.

bracesport

Legendary member
you might be able to add a slow down to the flaps coming out - on my mixing you can specify the motion over time.

I flew it this morning and I did some flap practice and I noticed the same thing, just a little down elevator till it slowed down and it leveled out some. The flaps pop out quick too so it is kind of expected. I think the 9x6 prop might be a bit much to maintain control. I am thinking if the prop turns to slow at that pitch it becomes ineffective causing the plane to lose to much airspeed and stall. Maybe a 10x45 will give me more resolution on the speed so I can dial it in easier with more room for error. Just a theory

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I have heard of this timing thing you speak of, I haven't seen that option when you select the flaps switch yet though. Again a simple DXe program. I could look into it more though.

Come to think of it, like I was explaining about the airspeed/prop pitch thing in the post you quoted, do you know about what could be called prop stall, if that's a thing or not?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Boom- here’s my bushwhacker about as completed as it’ll get before I get the servos and landing gear from a buddy. I’m excited! It’s coming along pretty well, although I had some weird warping at the end of the tail that is pretty much gone now.
F2742936-5825-463D-BB06-DA91053C1267.jpeg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
If my minds eye is seeing what you are planning, I did this same technique on my very first build with the Beaver. Definitely ties the wing on solid

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
If multiple cartwheels is considered flying then yes. I scaled it down to exact measurements not knowing how to scale down for flight dynamics. Overall it just turned out to heavy, took so much speed just to get it to lift the wheels that ground looping was a common issue. It broke up after many attempts and fixes. Just after that I found FT

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The bushwacker maiden might be sooner than I thought! I just hooked up two esc’s to my receiver, one actin fb as a bec. I got it all to seize once when moving all the control surfaces constantly while deploying flaps. It doesn’t worry me as that won’t be the way I’ll be flying. Still haven’t gotten the landing gear back from my buddy so I’ll be doing a hand launch and belly land for the maiden. Not a big deal though. I’m using EVERY port on my poor orangeRx receiver - even the bind port for the bec... 🤣. That’s a first for me!

Attachments

• D7A286EE-8AB4-459D-90F6-DD1278CF56A8.jpeg
    D7A286EE-8AB4-459D-90F6-DD1278CF56A8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0