FT Bushwacker BUILD

Topdawg

I would have to concur with the fact of adding glue to center of the wing. If you watch the video he even taped the outside and created a hinge like effect to make it easy to add the glue. I will be adding glue to mine I know.

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
I only taped the outside. Glue in the score lines, LE & TE, and Peter's huge spar sandwiched in there, no way this wing will fold. I built one and it appears solid.
I really like the reference lines he put to align the wing halfs and other parts.
Will maiden tomorrow.

Justin

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I've got my tiled plans taped together and glued to poster board to start cutting out my templates. I'm sure I will be building many of these over the years! Can't wait to get the first one in the air. Awesome design Peter! :applause:

slyke

If I understood the plans correctly it looks like the powerpod is set an angle to offset to prop rotation. Seems like a good idea - I haven't seen this before in any of the full sized planes.
-Stephen

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
There are a few corrections that I need to make to the FT Bushwacker plans. While I'm doing that I thought it would make sense to add this to the plans as well...

If I add it without dimensions, I can do it without adding to the total number of tiled pages. If I add it with dimensions, it will add one more sheet to the tiled plans. I think people will want the dimensions. I will add metric equivalents too. What are your thoughts?

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
No way to sneak in the dimensions? Maybe include a tiny view of the bends with the metric and standard dimensions.

dgrigor02

On most of yours ( that I have used at least ), you have both tiled and untiled so you need to select the number of pages to print anyhow so I'd vote for a sperate page.

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
Fuselage is trash, my mistake....

When Peter writes top on a part, he means it. I can't fit the power pod in brcause of my oversight.

Justin

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
On most of yours ( that I have used at least ), you have both tiled and untiled so you need to select the number of pages to print anyhow so I'd vote for a sperate page.

From the FT Cruiser release forward, I will be making three separate PDF's for each plan set. The AIO (all-in-one, includes full-sized and tiled plans in a single PDF), Full-Size, and Tiled plans. I think this will cover everyone's needs. Feedback, of course, is always welcome.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
WOW

Peter and the FT Edit crew. Solid job on the build video.

Well done!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'm going to build mine with flaps. How are you going to build yours??

cmhodgson

I'm going to build mine with flaps. How are you going to build yours??

I'm planning to flaperons. Peter seemed to constantly be envious of the flaperon's on the plane Josh was flying... he said multiple times in the show that that the flaperon setup was more capable. But I think it depends on whether you want to fly more scale-ish or 3D-ish. I guess if you have channels to spare on your radio you can build it with separate flap servos and enable switching between modes... for the cost of the extra weight of the servos and extensions, if you have at least a 7 channel radio and rx then you can have your cake and eat it too :)

Maingear

Flugzeug Liebhaber
Flaperons is what I put on my Bushwacker. I flew it this evening. I throttled up at the park with friends and it flew true, straight up like a homesick angel. It flew up as fast as it would fly level. With 35% expo it did great, but I did not limit my throws (I soon wish I had).

It would do things that I do not have the vocabulary for. Juvenile children were watching this plane fly without parental guidance and these minds will be scarred forever by seeing what this plane did! I was in a full sweat when I unplugged the battery!

When I reduced the throttle it behaved like a saint, throttle up and throw the controls around and it would fly like the devil!

This plane has me beat, I am setting the rates, putting in a little dihedral, and a smaller motor on the next build

BTW- Never use this motor on this airframe! It can not pull a 9x4.7sf I will have a flite test power pack in the next B-whacker

[/URL

Wing result of pilot error, flair too soon.
[URL=http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/Maingear81/media/DBEA921C-3AFC-4913-9C9A-B574973C4531_zpscuivsbwy.jpg.html]

Justin

dews

Almost done. Very easy build.
3mm Swedish kapa board (Heavier).

As soon as I have the landing gear on I will weigh it.

iZPzi4Xh.jpg

planebreaker2000

bushy ft bushwacker

I just finished the first build and I am already thinking of mods for version 2, slightly bigger 125%-137% maybe tricycle gear, etc... WIN_20150905_134135.JPG WIN_20150905_134201.JPG

I already added 4 inches to wingspan to help with large motor weight and I am running it with flaperons for now

Thank you flite test this is a very cool plane

Last edited:

planebreaker2000

I almost forgot,

Thank you Sponz for your hashing out of the plans they really are much easier to deal with in the smaller size.

I bought a bag of those eyes and put them on all of my planes just for giggles

dews

A word of warning. The landing gear is not strong. I would reinforce it with something. I am redoing mine with an extra set of wires glued on the inside to some plywood, halfway to the nose.

mactek

I have most of it built. I hope the HobbyKing packing tape does not add to much weight. But i knew this plane would get crashed and without the tape would not hold together very well. Thanks to Peter for this great design and also to Sponz for recreating the plans.

IMG_2725.JPG