FT Bushwacker BUILD

bracesport

Legendary member
I am resurrecting a fibreglass hotliner power glider after 15ys+ on the wall - I have never flown it, but I feel confident to give it a go now - the aileron servos need some service to remove the mechanical linkage differential so I can do it with the Tx - the tail is damaged and the control rods need replacing as they are distorting the elevators and tearing the hinge line - it is not a super big job but we are having gale force winds for a week now, so it is good to potter!

my 2 DLGs, the Spitfire, the hybrid sailplane, the Vista, and the Versa are all hooked up waiting on me to fly!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Something I’m trying to do is get away from wings being held on by rubber bands. I’m going to put wooden supports in with holes drilled for some extra large bbq skewers I bought. It’ll be more damage if I crash, but I’ve been having good luck with the ft-3D so we can hope😃

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I am resurrecting a fibreglass hotliner power glider after 15ys+ on the wall - I have never flown it, but I feel confident to give it a go now - the aileron servos need some service to remove the mechanical linkage differential so I can do it with the Tx - the tail is damaged and the control rods need replacing as they are distorting the elevators and tearing the hinge line - it is not a super big job but we are having gale force winds for a week now, so it is good to potter!

my 2 DLGs, the Spitfire, the hybrid sailplane, the Vista, and the Versa are all hooked up waiting on me to fly!
Sounds fun! Any plans for flying the others? And do you have good places for flying non-slopers? I mean, you flew the spit as a non sloper so you could probably slope anything😂 Maybe not the x-29 though🤣

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
You got a long maiden list buddy, gonna hafta take a day off just to fly lol. Hopefully more then half come back able to fly another day. I can't say all of them because it is entertaining to see at least one crash :LOL:

bracesport

Legendary member
@The Hangar - I have a couple of good park sites for flying props so all is not lost - my problem is available flying time - I have a folding prop on the Vista and I can put a prop on the Spit and the Versa - but the rest are now slopers! The family will be away from 9 Dec for 10 days, so that is the worst case for my next good window (hence the stack of planes in the fleet)!

Sounds fun! Any plans for flying the others? And do you have good places for flying non-slopers? I mean, you flew the spit as a non-sloper so you could probably slope anything😂 Maybe not the x-29 though🤣

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
90's fluorescent rainbow masterpiece
Like a tie-dyed tee shirt right lol. Close
How about a Tequila Sunrise...
20191119_221020.jpg
Can you spot where I fubbed it up a bit...

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yep. I was supposed to mask it off before paint but mi9ssed it for some reason. Oh well, it will fly the same.

How's yours coming along
Oh well - you won’t be able to see it in the air. Good. I got the wheels cut out and bent t landing gear. I’m using some extremely thick landing gear wire so it should hold up to some rough landings. I’ll also be using wood to support the gear in the fuse cause I don’t trust one popsicle stick on the side that won’t be gettin the the main abuse😂

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hey all, so I finished cutting out the bushwhacker! Except for the wheel fairings, that is. I’m planning on modifying them similar to what @BATTLEAXE did to his, except even more since I’m going to make the landing gear “swappable” so I can use it as skis too. I’m stoked!

Attachments

• BA2DB0E4-5A83-4ACF-86E5-2BCD2CEC828F.jpeg
    BA2DB0E4-5A83-4ACF-86E5-2BCD2CEC828F.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0