FT Bushwacker BUILD

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Took out the BW this morning, had some wind so it was take off and landing practice in the wind. I did dial the expo on low rates from 30% to 15% and it made the low rates a lot more responsive, just like being on high rates just not as much throw. Gonna try this on the rest of the planes. I also found out that half flaps will pitch the plane up, while full flaps will tend to pitch it down. I did some tests in the air before take offs with flaps and full take off flaps will be counter productive so I might dial the travel of full flaps back a little to find a balance.

One other thing since flaps are on this model, I do like the STOL and slow flight benefits, but I think the under camber wing tips are to long for flight in a breeze. It is just way to sensitive to wind so I am thinking of trimming 2-3" off the wing tips so it doesn't have the same sensitive leverage in the wind or with contact with the ground. Which did happen and caused a small tear in the wing where the under camber meets the LE fold, always a weak spot on these wings.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I trimmed 3" off each wing tip of the BW. Actually looks pretty cool. If it flies as good as it looks I will be happy. I am debating whether I should take it out to Headbangs airfield to try it out. Already bringing the Sportster and the Baron, this may be the third, gonna drive Headbang nuts watching me transition from plane to plane lol

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I trimmed 3" off each wing tip of the BW. Actually looks pretty cool. If it flies as good as it looks I will be happy. I am debating whether I should take it out to Headbangs airfield to try it out. Already bringing the Sportster and the Baron, this may be the third, gonna drive Headbang nuts watching me transition from plane to plane lol
Cool. 🤣🤣 He’ll go crazy and give you gear for the other two planes😂

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Aww, shoot. I got it fixed now.
That was a sweet little flight man. Nice flat spin attempts too. I still gotta get mine out in the calmer weather, could have done it this afternoon but changed the gear over to the Sportster instead. Wish I didn't though once I got out there, was way more calm then it was in the morning, go figure.
Cool. 🤣🤣 He’ll go crazy and give you gear for the other two planes😂
Well he has a whole trailer full of planes and all he does is switch model selection on his Tx and takes up the next plane. I got to move the pod, Rx, change the props, and then pull out the laptop to switch models, he loves it lol

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
That was a sweet little flight man. Nice flat spin attempts too. I still gotta get mine out in the calmer weather, could have done it this afternoon but changed the gear over to the Sportster instead. Wish I didn't though once I got out there, was way more calm then it was in the morning, go figure.
Well he has a whole trailer full of planes and all he does is switch model selection on his Tx and takes up the next plane. I got to move the pod, Rx, change the props, and then pull out the laptop to switch models, he loves it lol
Thanks! I wish I have the $$ for that... but unfortunately the mini speedstang project completely maxed out my budget. But right now I’m working on putting servos in the ft edge. Now that I have a 4s setup on the way I’ll be able to fly the edge too!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
You could get them down and then make a quick tip!
Yea if I did them right I could. There is a step where you kinda notch the zip tie where you want it to hinge, and I kept either not getting it enough or cutting right through. I might think of a different material to use instead of a zip tie maybe. It's on the drawing board though