FT bushwacker mods/upgrades!

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hi flitetest community!

About a week ago I decided I wanted to build another plane, the FT bushwacker. But, I saw THIS article and I wanted to do some of those upgrades, like the tail wheel and the lights.

So I have a couple questions,

1. He use a second battery to run the lights, is there any way to bypass that?

2. Are the two links he gave for the light and tail wheel good quality?

Thank you,
-Jeremy

FDS

Elite member
All you do with the LEDs is put the appropriate resistors on them, you can buy bundles of LEDs pre soldered for 12v or the self adhesive Led tape, which again is pre set up for 12v, that stuff you can cut every third Led and then you just solder a feed from the main battery lead. You can use an RC controlled switch to have them on/off from the trans if you have a spare channel.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
It depends on the voltage your lights are happy with. I buy lights that operate on 12 volts, so I can plug them into the balance lead on my 3S flight pack.

I put steerable tail wheals on all my planes. Here is how I make my own.
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...-takeoff-cant-taxi-straight.56253/post-439935

I haven't bought any lights yet and I have no idea what kind of lights I am looking for.

If you could give me some links to decent lights, that would be great!

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
All you do with the LEDs is put the appropriate resistors on them, you can buy bundles of LEDs pre soldered for 12v or the self adhesive Led tape, which again is pre set up for 12v, that stuff you can cut every third Led and then you just solder a feed from the main battery lead. You can use an RC controlled switch to have them on/off from the trans if you have a spare channel.

Ok, thank you for the info.

Is this a good switch to get, if not could you give me a link to a good one.

FDS

Elite member
I would buy based on the lightest weight you can find. LEDs won’t draw lots of current.

mactek

Hi flitetest community!

About a week ago I decided I wanted to build another plane, the FT bushwacker. But, I saw THIS article and I wanted to do some of those upgrades, like the tail wheel and the lights.

So I have a couple questions,

1. He use a second battery to run the lights, is there any way to bypass that?

2. Are the two links he gave for the light and tail wheel good quality?

Thank you,
-Jeremy
Jeremy did I included the plans for the Bushwacker in the stuff I sent you? Its a fun plane.

checkerboardflyer

Attachments

• tail-wheel-2.jpg
    tail-wheel-2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
  • tail-wheel-3.jpg
    tail-wheel-3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
  • tail-wheel-1.jpg
    tail-wheel-1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 0

Vishal Dhayalan

Could someone please guide me on adding a dihedral to the BW wing? Been struggling with modifying it for a while now... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.