FT Commuter from Oz

SteveRayK

Hi all - just had a go at the FT Commuter, finished it tonight. Thanks to Flight Test, now we shall see if it flies… Cheers from Western Australia

Attachments

• FT Commuter by Steve K 1.jpg
    FT Commuter by Steve K 1.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Commuter by Steve K 2.jpg
    FT Commuter by Steve K 2.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Commuter by Steve K 4.jpg
    FT Commuter by Steve K 4.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 0

SteveRayK

Flew it this morning. It seems pretty nice, piloting skills need work (just a learner). It barely survived its maiden (I lost it a few times) but it is still in one piece. Then I put it back in my car. Enough luck for one day.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Welcome to the forum family. And welcome to the hobby, good on ya mate. Is this your first FT build? Cuz that plane looks really clean and sharp if it is. Congrats on the maiden as well, it usually is best to end on a high note as opposed to diggin it out of the dirt. Speakin of digging, I dig the paint job

SteveRayK

Tip for young players, wait for nice calm conditions - I maidened it in wind and could barely control it. Tonight, flew at quiet sunset, this bird tranforms into a total joy. Running a 3s 900ma, cruising at half throttle.

SteveRayK

Welcome to the forum family. And welcome to the hobby, good on ya mate. Is this your first FT build? Cuz that plane looks really clean and sharp if it is. Congrats on the maiden as well, it usually is best to end on a high note as opposed to diggin it out of the dirt. Speakin of digging, I dig the paint job
Thanks kindly. Yes it is my first FT and it won't be my last! The finishes can only get better, having started to get my head around using a spray can on foamboard. Cheers, Steve

SteveRayK

Awesome! How is it coming along?
A bit like this...so far :) Combining some balsa, cotton/thin ca work with the foamboard concept to make it tough enough for a learning lander...

Attachments

• Commuter 1.4 Inside.jpg
    Commuter 1.4 Inside.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Commuter 1.4 Landing Gear.jpg
    Commuter 1.4 Landing Gear.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Commuter 1.4 Nosewheel Gear.jpg
    Commuter 1.4 Nosewheel Gear.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Commuter 1.4 Rear Top.jpg
    Commuter 1.4 Rear Top.jpg