FT Corsair Boyington "Lucybelle" decals by Rasterize

FT Corsair Boyington "Lucybelle" decals by Rasterize 2019-03-11

Please log in to download

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Rasterize submitted a new resource:

FT Corsair Boyington "Lucybelle" decals by Rasterize - Printable decals for FT Corsair in Boyington's "Lucybelle" scheme

Printable decals for the FT Corsair in Boyington's "Lucybelle" scheme. Here are some shots from the one I build with community member mrjdstewart. We had a blast and it came out great!
Includes canopy decal. Allows you to leave space between the individual glass panels and use the paint below for the frames. Also includes the engine graphic to jazz up the nose. I printed them at FedEx for 60 cents sheet. Wanted the durability of a toner based print. The cut and glues on...

Read more about this resource...

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Amazing as always mate.

I just looked at the images in the article. I am not sure how much it shows further away but up close seeing the white edges after the decals are cut looks kind of out of place. Maybe suggest hitting the edges with a sharpie to darken those edges so they doesnt pop out so much to OCD people like me? Specially on the Pappy livery.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Amazing as always mate. I just looked at the images in the article. I am not sure how much it shows further away but up close seeing the white edges after the decals are cut looks kind of out of place. Maybe suggest hitting the edges with a sharpie to darken those edges so they doesnt pop out so much to OCD people like me? Specially on the Pappy livery.

Sure. That's doable. If I remember right, (it was 7 months ago) I was in bit of a rush to get the decals on in the first place. Not something I would recommend on any project. As you mentioned, Sharpies are good for hiding white edges which can stand out on a dark background. Black is a ok "go to" color for this but if it bleeds to far into the decal (I was using 20lbs bond uncoated paper) that can be just as bad if not worse. I wish I had Sharpie colors available like those of model paints. Better yet print them on Inkjet Water Slide Decal Paper. Anyone done that yet?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I saw some decal paper just last night looking up a replacement dongle for my flight sim of all things. I was like cool!! Many ideas began to flow then I remembered the last time I owned a printer was about 3 years before I went to work at Nexpress after I graduated college. hehe