FT Corsair

jpot1

Elite member
Looking to build a corsair using FT techniques. I know FT has the mini but was wondering if anyone has scaled it up. I don't have the software to do so. I have built Filken's corsair and that flew nicely but I had problems in the way the wing joined the fuse. I also saw some plans from Alp and Vincent U but all of the curved formers scare me. Looking for suggestions.

edfjockey

I've built several of the these ..... See article by clough42
F4U Corsair swappable. The ones I've final found fly the best, I have extended the outer wing 1 1/2"longer than these plans. just article search for this screen name and you'll have the plans and a detailed how to on the build. Amazing flier and looks good too.

richb2599

Looking to build a corsair using FT techniques. I know FT has the mini but was wondering if anyone has scaled it up. I don't have the software to do so. I have built Filken's corsair and that flew nicely but I had problems in the way the wing joined the fuse. I also saw some plans from Alp and Vincent U but all of the curved formers scare me. Looking for suggestions.

Do a search for F4u Black corsair. This is a great version of the corsair using ft construction methods. Designed by "Alp". Plans are avaiable on the forum. I built this plane and many comments were that it looked like store bought. I also built his "Texan".

jpot1

Elite member
Thanks all. Printed Alps corsair plans. Looks like fun with all the curved formers. Adding it to the winter build list.

MrJoshua1313

Do a search for F4u Black corsair. This is a great version of the corsair using ft construction methods. Designed by "Alp". Plans are avaiable on the forum. I built this plane and many comments were that it looked like store bought. I also built his "Texan".
I am currently b