FT Cpack stutter

shadeyB

Legendary member
Hey pilots
L2 weeks ago my motor gave up on me, The motor won’t turnJust stutters , guess when it bumped on landing I had bent shaft ?

So I Just hooked it up and left it, , while waiting for new motors to arrive I decided to open it up and see if I could see anything lodged in it (dirt or something) even though I had nose cone on her this shouldn’t happen
It still turns and don’t think it’s bent but when you give it throttle it stutters and the wires heat up, now if the wires are heating up it’s pulling too much current.

Found couple scratches on 3 of the magnets at the base and also there’s blue stuff in there on one side which makes me think some plastic or something got in there and melted lol ? Don’t know any way I tried scrapping it out but it’s stuck solid

It’s dead I guess or is it ?
What’s the blue stuff
91B72817-A3CC-4807-B42A-745D15603686.jpeg
676197CE-997E-4581-AA01-AD4B81AFC2C1.jpeg

whackflyer

Master member
Hey pilots
L2 weeks ago my motor gave up on me, The motor won’t turnJust stutters , guess when it bumped on landing I had bent shaft ?

So I Just hooked it up and left it, , while waiting for new motors to arrive I decided to open it up and see if I could see anything lodged in it (dirt or something) even though I had nose cone on her this shouldn’t happen
It still turns and don’t think it’s bent but when you give it throttle it stutters and the wires heat up, now if the wires are heating up it’s pulling too much current.

Found couple scratches on 3 of the magnets at the base and also there’s blue stuff in there on one side which makes me think some plastic or something got in there and melted lol ? Don’t know any way I tried scrapping it out but it’s stuck solid

It’s dead I guess or is it ?
What’s the blue stuff
View attachment 172566 View attachment 172567
Probably a bad solder joint. Also check the wires at the base of the windings, if they've ever got stressed and bent around to bad they may have gotten broken.

shadeyB

Legendary member
Probably a bad solder joint. Also check the wires at the base of the windings, if they've ever got stressed and bent around to bad they may have gotten broken.
Lol that was one of the 1st things I checked, all my solder joint are fantastic 😁
Managed to scrape all that blue stuff out also 👍 not sure I should have then thought 1 more to check and that was at the base
Dammit !!! They were shorting out

Now need to understand why on recommend set up ? Maybe just weak point or stress on wiring harness

Attachments

• 14A8D185-A5B0-4887-B9C8-4111B2838643.jpeg
    14A8D185-A5B0-4887-B9C8-4111B2838643.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

whackflyer

Master member
Lol that was one of the 1st things I checked, all my solder joint are fantastic 😁
Managed to scrape all that blue stuff out also 👍 not sure I should have then thought 1 more to check and that was at the base

Now need to understand why on recommend set up ? Maybe just weak point or stress on wiring harness
If you can't get it working contact FT Customer service. They may send you a new one. Like I said, if you've jerked around on the wires or bent them around to much, particularly at the base, that may have caused it.

"Corpse"

Legendary member

I think the blue stuff is balancing mud. That's what motor makers put in the bells to balance the bells. Other than vibrations you should be just fine!

shadeyB

Legendary member
She’s good to roar once again
Thanks never thought to check manufacturing joints
Added intake scoop for ESC cooling not that she needs it but it’s cool all the same lol
49A93C7C-1DA9-437E-96B8-4739DDFD53E7.jpeg