FT cruiser problems... HELP!

ryan

i built my first swappable last week (FT Cruiser) and i love it!! best plane i have ever had. plenty of power and flies amazing. at half throttle it flies perfect but when i give it thrust it just pulls up i know they said they fixed that but i am still having problems. is it as simple as adding another piece of foam board in the nacelles or what?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I would recommend adding a piece of foam between the front of the powerpod and nacelle. That should decrease the pitch up tendency.

DDSFlyer

It may be a CG issue as well, I know when I made my scratch built FT Cruiser I had to add nose weight, even with a 2650mAh battery all the way forward. It was a hairy maiden with a tail heavy cruiser!

nistrum

yeah, must have tried to pull a loop! im lucky in that most of my CG problems with my planes tend to be nose heavy

ryan

thanks i added a lot of weight to the nose and hopefully that will work i need to invest in a bigger battery the two motors draw alot of power but the plane is great. if adjusting the cg didnt work i will add another sheet of foam under the nacelles

nistrum

well whatever hapens let us know. im about to build mine and i can imagine that the help will probably come in handy
:p

Kurt0326

Your ADD Care Bear
Mentor
Well the airframe was designed as a FVP platform so that's where I would guess the missing nose weight plays a part. If you could get some pics of your build we would be able to get a better idea what's going on...

drezed

Flat bottom wings are known to be pitch sensitive, in relation to speed. Adding down-thrust angle to the motor can help offset this(the purpose of the foam shim to the front of the power-pod accomplishes the same thing). :D

Jeff

ryan

it worked i made it nose heavy and it flies great but i flew it into a tree today but its ok now