• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FT Cruiser

JUSS10

I like Biplanes
Well I'm going to revive this thread. I was taking inventory of my electronics and found a hobbyking Nova that I got from a friend that didn't quite make a safe landing. I have the motors, props and ESCs from that and thought why not build a twin?! Also had a pile of black DTFB a friend gave me (i know, not the best stuff but its been just sitting around). I converted the PDF to a file I could laser cut and cut the 4 sheets out today at work on my noon hour.

will post pictures once its done.

I always thought this looked like an awesome plane. Not sure why I never built it. I plan to program in differential thrust and may program in flapperons as well since I have a 6ch receiver laying around for this build. Plan to use the 2750 3s that also came with the Nova for power.

Justin

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Heh, nice! If the Nova's a quad, you have enough parts for two FT Cruisers! Looking forward to seeing your new FT Cruiser and hope you'll enjoy the build!

mrjdstewart

THIS NEEDS TO BE UPDATED!! 😞
I'd really like these tiled Plans.
i have one built just sitting, i will be in your neighborhood on the 13th, let me know if you want it and i will drop it off. it is fully built, crashed, repaired, has all servos, wheels, but not motors, esc's, or rx. i might have some prop's, will check. think you have my phone#

20190527_140152 (1).jpg

laters,

me :cool:

PoorManRC

i have one built just sitting, i will be in your neighborhood on the 13th, let me know if you want it and i will drop it off. it is fully built, crashed, repaired, has all servos, wheels, but not motors, esc's, or rx. i might have some prop's, will check. think you have my phone#

View attachment 146889

laters,

me :cool:
That's really nice of you to do for me! I still want to build one... because I want to stretch the Fuse about 3-4"... But I'd LOVE to have one just to get used to its characteristics. So yes please!
(Bix is too fixated on very close coupled Aircraft!) 😋 Not a fault of course. He's a prolific Designer!! But even he admits that he likes "cartoony" Aircraft. 😉

Honestly I like them too, but at my age (and eyesight), I'm preferring more smooth Flyers, still with some Fun Factor.

I'll see if the PMs have your number. 😊
~ Carmine