FT Cruiser

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

We'll have build video and plans for this airplane this week and in the meantime it's also available in our store as a speed build kit.

FT Cruiser Swap - 1.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 2.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 18.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 13.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 3.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 11.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 4.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 6.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 5.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 7.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 8.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 9.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 10.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 15.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 19.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 16.jpg FT Cruiser Swap - 17.jpg

We'll have build video and plans for this airplane this week and in the meantime it's also available in our store as a speed build kit.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
I cannot afford this plane(WAHHH), but I am glad that you let Josh Scott fly it. Good flight Josh! What grass doesn't flip tail draggers?

earthsciteach

Foam Addict - you CAN afford this plane! Just build it from the plans! Piece of cake. If you already have one swappable pod, you just need one more.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Its not my Building skills. Its the price of the motors and ESCs. I have severely injured my collarbone, and cannot do many of the odd jobs I usually do for neighbors.
I actually have a low wing twin that is nearly flight ready, but i couldn't sync the ESCs, so I temporarily moved the motors to flying wings.
Actually, If I had two speed 400 gearboxes, I could build it, but I have no motors below 2200 kv right now!:p

aiidanwings

Its not my Building skills. Its the price of the motors and ESCs. I have severely injured my collarbone, and cannot do many of the odd jobs I usually do for neighbors.
I actually have a low wing twin that is nearly flight ready, but i couldn't sync the ESCs, so I temporarily moved the motors to flying wings.
Actually, If I had two speed 400 gearboxes, I could build it, but I have no motors below 2200 kv right now!:p

El cheapo stuff http://www.lowpricerc.com/

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Thanks, but I will have to wait for a while.
Although I do have two floater jet motors that might fulfill JB's pylon fantasies, I need a turnigy 25 amp ESC.
Give me a month or so, and I'll find out whether surgery is needed or not. After that I might be able to do something and make some money.

eagle4

Just wondering, to help with the roll over on landing, would it be a good idea to push the wheels further forward, (just angle the landing gear) ? I wonder if this would help out. Awesome looking plane btw. love it :)

MrClean

This looks awesome. I'mma build one this summer but I've got some coroplast coming in for a June airplane meet and I have to build for that first.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
This is a great plane. I'm trying to generate more interest in having the FT planes in RealFlight. So, if there is interest for those with the simulator and cannot afford the plane itself I am happy to make it for RF... with enough interest. I've already done the FT3D and its a total blast.

Questions FTCRUZER

I wonder if they tried standard props not one reversed and what they though of them, what if the pods don't extend past the wings. I know they are pumping swappable but really it's too easy to start out with a fresh pod . I just checked the two motors I have set aside and the are 2822 emax cheapies. And I was hoping to use the 50 amp esc (opto) with a bec. Already have the 3 to 6 harness made up. I always make two then use the best parts on one, then experiment with the other. P.S. I'll probably use the rec/stabilizer I just rec. Lots of questions I hope lots of ans.cruzer

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I placed my order. I even made myself and account for the store.

This way my next orders will be even easier... ;)