FT Delta/Blue Wonder Underpowered?

yardsparrow

Maidened my FT Delta today. It flew fairly well with 60% throws and expo @ 30. I cut the flight short though after noticing that it took almost full throttle to maintain altitude and could only get meager rate of climb at full throttle. Is this to be expected ? I'm considering an upgrade to an 8x6 prop, E-Max XA2212 1400KV & 20 Amp ESC. It seems the Delta could be a good windy day plane if properly powered.

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Welcome to the forum!

What is your current setup? Did you calibrate the throttle on your ESC? The Blue Wonder should be plenty of power for the Delta. I used a Blue Wonder on my Bloody Wonder when I was learning to fly, and it provided plenty of power.

Last edited:

degriz

I have to agree, the blue wonder has plenty of power. I have flown most of the FT builds with it, as well as a viggen.

ruud

What prop do you use with the Blue Wonder, and are you sure you have mounted the prop facing the right way (numbers toward the direction of flight).

yardsparrow

Welcome to the forum!

What is your current setup? Did you calibrate the throttle on your ESC? The Blue Wonder should be plenty of power for the Delta. I used a Blue Wonder on my Bloody Wonder when I was learning to fly, and it provided plenty of power.

Thanks !

I just connected the bundle from Lazertoys with my Spektrum AR400/DX6i. How would I go about calibrating ?

yardsparrow

What prop do you use with the Blue Wonder, and are you sure you have mounted the prop facing the right way (numbers toward the direction of flight).

Numbers are pointing forward. This prop has been through a few face plants when it was attached to my FT Flyer. I'll post the results after flying again with a fresh prop and calibrated throttle.

Thanks !

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Are you running a 2S or 3S pack. I've tried a 2S pack and it was severely under powered, but a 3 cell would fix that.

yardsparrow

Are you running a 2S or 3S pack. I've tried a 2S pack and it was severely under powered, but a 3 cell would fix that.

Now I see whats going on, Lazertoys shipped me a 2S battery instead of a 3S as advertised on the site :(

I just sent their customer service an email so hopefully it'll get exchanged soon.

Thanks !