FT Duster Maiden Flight

RedDogRC

Hey guys,

I just built my FT duster last weekend and figured I'd put together a video from the maiden flight. This is my first 4-channel plane and I was happy to not crash the first time out. The plane was underpowered because I still had the blue wonder motor installed but it was fun nonetheless. Let me know what you guys think.

Here's my 2nd flight.

Last edited:

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Much clouds. Doesnt he get dizzy and fall down?
My duster likes to fly just over the grass and gets into a spiral dive if i try to fly him to high.

Coleman

It seems that your Duster is flying wonderfully. It did seem a bit underpowered, but I think that is to be expected from the Blue Wonder on this airframe. I maidened my duster about a week and a half ago and have nearly destroyed it since. I'm running the Suppo 2217/7, 9x6sf prop, and 1500 mah 3s 30c lipo and I get ample speed and nearly vertical climb. I'm getting anywhere from 7-15 minutes of flight time per battery. It's my first Duster, first low wing aircraft, and first 4 ch plane and I was extremely impressed with how the plane flew. I live in the DFW area (it's always windy) and the Duster has navigated 15-25 mph winds with relative ease, that really made me happy. What did you think of the plane? What power setup/prop are you going to be running?

RedDogRC

It seems that your Duster is flying wonderfully. It did seem a bit underpowered, but I think that is to be expected from the Blue Wonder on this airframe. I maidened my duster about a week and a half ago and have nearly destroyed it since. I'm running the Suppo 2217/7, 9x6sf prop, and 1500 mah 3s 30c lipo and I get ample speed and nearly vertical climb. I'm getting anywhere from 7-15 minutes of flight time per battery. It's my first Duster, first low wing aircraft, and first 4 ch plane and I was extremely impressed with how the plane flew. I live in the DFW area (it's always windy) and the Duster has navigated 15-25 mph winds with relative ease, that really made me happy. What did you think of the plane? What power setup/prop are you going to be running?

I installed the Suppo 2208/14 yesterday which can be seen on my 2nd video up top. I'm using a 9x4.7sf prop and 1300 mah 3s 30c lipo. I was having issues running full throttle though. My prop would make really weird noises like the prop was unbalanced or something. The plastic it's made out of seems pretty weak too so I might try my 8x4 props that are much more solid.

Much clouds. Doesnt he get dizzy and fall down?
My duster likes to fly just over the grass and gets into a spiral dive if i try to fly him to high.

Lol. I didn't know this was a quote from "Planes" until I mentioned your post to my brother. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Last edited:

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Lol. I didn't know this was a quote from "Planes" until I mentioned your post to my brother. I'll have to check it out sometime.
I posted my duster in the maiden thread. Some orange tape from our local "dollar" called Tiger shop.