• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FT Duster

eagle4

Fantastic work there guys. the planes look great and seem to fly just as well. I'm curious though, what was that chuck glider that you guys had?

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I want the speed build kit. My building skills are to be desired, and this one and the Ripslinger are awesome! I hope you get enough interest in these as a speed build kit!!!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I think they'll offer it as a SBK eventually but I'm sure they'll get the plans up soon for those of us that want to scratch build them. At least they have said that in the videos...

The duster really flies great, and would like to see a speed build kit also. Just a quick question, Josh, have concidered sending in some of your designs to Disney. They sure could use your ideas for planes and as a consultant.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
The duster really flies great, and would like to see a speed build kit also. Just a quick question, Josh, have concidered sending in some of your designs to Disney. They sure could use your ideas for planes and as a consultant.
Shh...you don't want Josh to end up as a "Magic Kingdom special guest", do you?

lecrote

What material did you used for covering?
I search everywhere without success
I Plan to do one after I succeed with my current test build.

Thanks

Dan

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Mentor
Dan,

couple of options:

- minwax, mask then spraypaint (airbrush or rattle-can)

- *Carefully* applied monocote (watch the temp on the covering iron)

- cut self-adhesive vinyl (check out local sign shops for scap)

- colored packing tape.

haven't got that far on mine (really need to get back to it), but I was planing on airbrushing.

I've done colored packing tape, and it would look nice, but you'd have to order the tape online. It'll probably be my fall-back if I can't get this stupid brush to work right!

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
HAS ANYONE TRIED A DIFFERENT SIZE PROP?
I would say probably, since most people try different motor or setups. Were you looking for a specific setup?

What material did you used for covering?
I search everywhere without success
I Plan to do one after I succeed with my current test build.

Thanks

Dan
On the Flitetest planes I believe they use minwax and paint applied with an airbrush.

lecrote

I don't think that the duster is painted.
More like monokote.
duster-16.jpg

I have colored tape in order so I will try as far it's cheaper that monokote ;)

Thanks

Dan