FT EDGE 540 BUILD GROUP

Red Bull to Cliche?

• Total voters

Salmonslaya

20191213_094726.jpg

Salmonslaya

Will you use the range of motion shown in the earlier pictures? It looks like the prop will strike the cowling if you do.
Negative I don't think I'll have to use very much throw it all to get very much impact out of what it can do. With the prop in the rudder both moving shouldn't have to Have too much

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
That is a good looking plane and you fly it well for just have flown 3 planes. I have set up mine for sport flying on low rates and full 3D on high rates so we will see how this goes tomorrow. I might even do a mid rates as well, just want to see how it reacts to inputs this way. Great vids though. You should really like the Edge if you like this one. I would like to do the Edge later once I beat this one up enough

Salmonslaya

That is a good looking plane and you fly it well for just have flown 3 planes. I have set up mine for sport flying on low rates and full 3D on high rates so we will see how this goes tomorrow. I might even do a mid rates as well, just want to see how it reacts to inputs this way. Great vids though. You should really like the Edge if you like this one. I would like to do the Edge later once I beat this one up enough
Ya I think my edge is my trainer for sure but the switchable thrust vectoring is going add a whole new learning curve to the mix. Might as well get all the hard $#!* out of the way first egh? Lol😂

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Mostly just fun AEROBATICS. And starting learn to low hover
I have just started getting interested in 3D flying, in the beginning of it all it just seemed so overwhelming to even try, like I had so much more to learn. Now that I have built so many planes that crashes don't even phase me anymore, 3D feels like a natural progression I guess. The aforementioned FT-3D is something that will introduce me into it.

Just out of curiosity, cuz you and I might be in a similar skill level in this aspect, how did you set up your FT-3d for rates and expos, throw travels and what power system did you use? Are you going to set up the Edge to be similar or is it going to be completely different?