FT Edge 540 - Missing Pieces?

jl_678

Hi,

This is my first post on behalf of my son and so my apologies if I am posting in the wrong sub-forum. (If this is wrong place, feel free to move it or let me know, and I will delete and repost.)

My son is brand new to RC airplanes and FliteTest. For his birthday (yesterday!), he received an FT Edge 540. The build is going fine, but he has barely started. He is following the video instructions, and the person refers to two bulkhead pieces with arrows on it. (See video clip here.) He and I have looked everywhere on the foam board and cannot find those two pieces. I am not sure what to do and would love perspectives from experts here.

Has anyone built this recently and encountered this issue?
Is there a schematic somewhere that shows where this part should be?
Are we just idiots......wait, don't answer that. :)

TIA for any thoughts and wish my son luck on his first build!

shadeyB

Legendary member
welcome & happy birthday to your son when it comes
please see link to the plans that you can download
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-edge.22/
was it the kit your son got ?
I have attached a couple pictures where you can locate the bulkheads
hope this helps
3819DA43-9C35-4309-B037-C5E530B81A6D.jpeg

Attachments

• A5B16CB1-8CDE-4ACD-B114-6C5F1ED415CD.png
    A5B16CB1-8CDE-4ACD-B114-6C5F1ED415CD.png
    857.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jl_678

Hi,

This is very weird. The kit came with 5 foam panels and of those, 3 are exactly the same. The one you show is not there. I wonder if his kit is defective. Any suggestions on how to most effectively get that resolved? My son is very disappointed as you can imagine and so the faster the resolution the better.

TIA

shadeyB

Legendary member
Sorry to hear that,
iHoping you have a sheet of foam board available you could cut these yourself.
with the previous link to the Free plans , download the plans and print pg20 only, you will find the bulkheads on that sheet.
TA.pdf
https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-edge.22/
I would sure contact customer support and explain the issue that needs resolved
let them know which panels are missing from the below picture
F2282930-E24D-4C06-B2F3-95FD00F92BBB.png

Last edited:

jl_678

Hi,

Okay. I have looked at all those diagrams and honestly none of them match what I have. See similar pieces, but none of the layouts match. Is that normal to receive a totally different layout than what is provided in those plans? I am very confused and now wonder if things are even more messed up than I thought.....

JL

shadeyB

Legendary member
Hi,

Okay. I have looked at all those diagrams and honestly none of them match what I have. See similar pieces, but none of the layouts match. Is that normal to receive a totally different layout than what is provided in those plans? I am very confused and now wonder if things are even more messed up than I thought.....

JL
Sorry friend
unfortunately I cannot comment on the kit plans you received as I’ve only scratch built the edge from the plans that I’ve mentioned and unsure of how you would receive the layout On the foam
could you take a picture of the sheets you have received ? I understand that some parts have been removed from the sheet

jl_678

See this link. The share contains images of the 5 panels that he received. I also included an image of what he has built. Note how 24, 30 and 59 are exactly the same!

I have to say that this is a bit of disaster. Hopefully FliteTest will be responsive. Does anyone know if they have a phone number?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Oh wow - yeah - you definitely got a defective kit. My guess is that FT customer support will ship you a new kit. Here’s their number: 1-855-669-2647

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
See this link. The share contains images of the 5 panels that he received. I also included an image of what he has built. Note how 24, 30 and 59 are exactly the same!

I have to say that this is a bit of disaster. Hopefully FliteTest will be responsive. Does anyone know if they have a phone number?
That is too bad that you had an issue with your kit, but FT’s customer support is top notch and I’m sure they will make it right quickly!