FT EDGE 540

zenoah26

Hi guys,i need some help with the edge i dont seem to have enough power(wont pull out of the hover) i have the power pack c with a 1500 tattu 3s 75c batt and cant get more than 128 watts?the motor is the 2215/10 1100kv. have also tried the 4s set up with a 9x4.7 prop got higher watts butt same problem? thanks in advance.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Are your wattage numbers based on on-the-ground wattmeter testing?

What prop were you using on the 3S setup? Per spec, 3S and 10x4.7 or 10x6 should be giving you around 250 watts.

Did you calibrate your ESC (is there a possibility that you are just not getting full 100% throttle)?

DamoRC

zenoah26

thank you buddy it was the throttle it was at 100% cahnge it to 150% and now i get 230watts thank you..and yes its test on ground.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
thank you buddy it was the throttle it was at 100% cahnge it to 150% and now i get 230watts thank you..and yes its test on ground.

No probs. If it was me, I would cut the throttle endpoint back to 100% and calibrate the ESC so that it recognizes the 0-100% range correctly. You may be still missing some power above the 150% endpoint you have set (assuming 150% was the max you could set the endpoint on your radio).

DamoRC

Chuppster

No probs. If it was me, I would cut the throttle endpoint back to 100% and calibrate the ESC so that it recognizes the 0-100% range correctly. You may be still missing some power above the 150% endpoint you have set (assuming 150% was the max you could set the endpoint on your radio).

DamoRC

I second this. If you don't know how to calibrate, you usually remove the prop and unplug the battery. Then turn on the TX and put the throttle all the way up. Plug the battery in and wait for a beep. Then move the throttle down and you should hear another beep. You always want to do this when you use your ESC for the first time with a new receiver.