• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
FT Edge

FT Edge 1.0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hi guys! I've built a few of your previous models (from scratch) - and I purchased the build kit for this one.
Everything went well all the way thru to the formers on top of the tail but when I tried to bend the turtle deck, it really didn't turn out very nice. Is there any way to "unglue" after the glue has cooled off? I am going to proceed with building the wing and hopefully someone has any tips.

Thanks, everyone!
The edge is a great build! The easiest way to “unglue” the hot glue is to use an iron and press it against the seams you want to release. You may want to use a sheet of wax paper between the iron and plane to avoid getting glue on the iron.

The edge is a great build! The easiest way to “unglue” the hot glue is to use an iron and press it against the seams you want to release. You may want to use a sheet of wax paper between the iron and plane to avoid getting glue on the iron.
I know! I love this.. I've been away from RC since about '95 (uh oh.. age showing) before that I flew all sorts of things while I lived in Sweden (where I was born and raised). Back then I'd launch gliders with rubber hoses and fishing line with a parachute OR use nitro fuel on models. One of my favorite builds was the "delta" aka triangle with elevon controls.. I could throw one of those together with building foam, packaging paper (wrapping), white glue, some electrical conduits made of thin wall PVC and some balsa to build the "box" where servo's and radio/battery and fuel tank would be. Building these "foamies" are so enjoyable!

I came up with ALMOST the same solution - but I ended up using tin foil instead of wax paper. Wax paper seems like a better idea as it is see thru :) Thank you so much! :)

SquirrelTail

Legendary member
I think the easiest way is to use rubbing alcohol. It loosens the glue

I guys, personnaly, I use Methylated spirits. I put it only where it's needed, with a pipette or syringe. Let dry well before attempting to re-glue otherwise.