Help! Ft Explorer Propeller Problems

Om0r A.

Hello everyone,
As I was building my Ft Explorer, I discovered a couple problems.

Problem 1: The propeller (C Pack) was swinging against the tail (Photo 1). When making the motor pod, there was a bit of space between the top and the motor (Photo 2). I am assuming this is the problem, but how can I fix the problem? What are some ways to remove the hot glue easily, so I can redo the Power Pod?

Problem 2: The propeller isn’t going all the way into the motor shaft (Photo 3). When I tested the motor with the propeller (without the tail), the propeller quickly flew off the shaft. How do I insert the propeller correctly to prevent this?

Attachments

• E27E7568-BC42-4788-950C-009CC94B62DF.jpeg
    E27E7568-BC42-4788-950C-009CC94B62DF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 7752DAF8-A45A-4ECC-BEA3-F65C661AF832.jpeg
    7752DAF8-A45A-4ECC-BEA3-F65C661AF832.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 8198BB1C-7CAF-4EBC-B367-C245D9F40CD1.jpeg
    8198BB1C-7CAF-4EBC-B367-C245D9F40CD1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Bricks

Master member
If you want to take the power pod off use rubbing alcohol. Are you bottoming out the collet on the motor shaft? Take the collet apart put on the shaft piece first bottom it out then put the propeller and nut on use a small allen wrench thru the hole then tighten it down good or piece of stiff wire.. Going to be hard to tighten as you may need to get hold the bell of the motor to hold it while tightening. Did you use the correct prop shaft spacer that comes with the prop?

You could just go to a smaller diameter prop with more pitch.

Om0r A.

If you want to take the power pod off use rubbing alcohol. Are you bottoming out the collet on the motor shaft? Take the collet apart put on the shaft piece first bottom it out then put the propeller and nut on use a small allen wrench thru the hole then tighten it down good or piece of stiff wire.. Going to be hard to tighten as you may need to get hold the bell of the motor to hold it while tightening. Did you use the correct prop shaft spacer that comes with the prop?

You could just go to a smaller diameter prop with more pitch.
Would the rubbing alcohol not damage the foam or motor? Also, is there a video for the process you described for inserting the propeller correctly or something of the likes?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @Bricks, use rubbing alcohol, it will not hurt the foam or motor. To be sure test on some scrap foam. Heat would also be an option, something like a hair dryer.

Re the prop, use a pliers to tighten the prop adapter.

whackflyer

Master member
Huh now I’m having the same problem. My motor is about 1/8th in lower than it could be and I just measured, a 9” prop won’t work. I really don’t want to take the power pod apart to only move the motor up 1/8th, so I’m thinking an 8” prop will be in the works. I’m running the c pack, so what’s max pitch I can use on an 8” prop? I’m thinking something like 8x6 or higher, the only problem is that the highest pitch I can get IS 8x6.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
What is the maximum 2 blade prop recommended?

I normally go down a diameter when fitting a 3 blade prop. So if the max prop is a 10 then I go for a 9 three blade. If I need to go down 2 sizes I often look for a greater pitch as well!

Have fun!

ZXZE

I agree with @Bricks, use rubbing alcohol, it will not hurt the foam or motor. To be sure test on some scrap foam. Heat would also be an option, something like a hair dryer.

Re the prop, use a pliers to tighten the prop adapter.

True. the propeller usually comes with the adapters which is then could be tighten with pliers.