FT-EZ Three Pack Plans?

MrBones9114

This is probably a stupid question but is there a way i can use one of my "standard" style controllers with the freighter board? I wouldnt really fancy another 10 bucks and a month or 2 in shipping time but if it comes down to it i'll deal with it
20210206_175256.jpg

Left- Eachine p-51 mini mustang radio Right - Hobbyzone duet radio

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
This is probably a stupid question but is there a way i can use one of my "standard" style controllers with the freighter board? I wouldnt really fancy another 10 bucks and a month or 2 in shipping time but if it comes down to it i'll deal with it
View attachment 191618

Left- Eachine p-51 mini mustang radio Right - Hobbyzone duet radio
I doubt it. You can bind it up to jumper radios, but I forget what frequency it is.

AgentC

Elite member
Off-topic, but here is my almost final beta template of the EZ Glider.
I actually prefer flying this to my EZ Bronco. It's just so graceful and forgiving. Flying times are systematically between 13-15 minutes due to how well it glides.
On high rates, this plane does loops, as long as it's early in the flight while the battery is pretty full. As a trainer on low rates for the little ones, it's pretty awesome too.
Then, once it's totally banged up, take the electronics out and it makes a great chuck glider.
Because this model uses the EZ Freighter's Control Board attachment as well as removable wings, the electronics are super easy to remove :)

Attachments

• EZ Mini 'EZ' Glider - Version 1.5.1.pdf
    272.1 KB · Views: 0

cochise99

Verging on the edge of stupidity, I have created some simple vectors for the main EZ Pack components. These have definitely helped me visualize and place components in models I've been drawing up, not the mention to ensure I get the sizes right.

Missing are the props, as I've been too lazy to add them in as they're not really needed in the planning/drawing phase.
I also haven't added in the linkages for the 3-channel, but the servo and basic pushrod shape is there.

Enjoy!
Your plans are amazing. I am looking forward to introducing my grandkids to R/C and building this groups foamies.

LordPuddingCup

Was wondering, If I already have 7x16mm (19000kv) motors, 31mm 4 blade props, and a frsky transmitter, is it possible to get a frsky receiver+esc and a small servo to fit onto say the E.Z. MINI EZ GLIDER... I'm trying to reuse my extra stuff from my beta65s fpv drone as I've got lots of spares for it and my wife doesn't want me spending money so every buck I can save makes the wife happier :)

GrizWiz

Elite member
Was wondering, If I already have 7x16mm (19000kv) motors, 31mm 4 blade props, and a frsky transmitter, is it possible to get a frsky receiver+esc and a small servo to fit onto say the E.Z. MINI EZ GLIDER... I'm trying to reuse my extra stuff from my beta65s fpv drone as I've got lots of spares for it and my wife doesn't want me spending money so every buck I can save makes the wife happier :)
I would say yes it would be possible. Just make sure to get differential programed into the transmitter.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Ya don't think I'm gonna be programming differentials into my radio :) It's a LiteRadio 2 SE (not OpenTX sadly), Anyone knows of any FrSky+ESC combos? The only ones I've seen are a few ebay listings.
I'm a Spektrum guy so I'm not much help with the FrSky stuff, but I have built quite a few planes out of old quad parts. I have found a few DSMX / DSM2 Recievers with built in brushed esc's that work well for me but I've found I have better luck with using separate ESC's for each motor. I like these little guys but a quick search for micro brushed ESC will show all kinds of options.

Wanderluster

From my newly gained experience, please be careful pushing props onto the shafts of these small motors; I managed to push the back right off the motor and have had no success in placing it back onto the motor. :unsure:

View attachment 171843
RC , Have not seen one but are their brushes in the part that came off? If so the problem is holding in the brushes while sliding it on the stator . They had to do it to assemble it , so look for a couple of small holes and slide in a couple of safety pins to hold in the brushes while you slide it back together.
Your welcome William

Wanderluster

Cut out all the parts for my Bird of Prey . Weighs 33 grams with the paper on so should weigh 19.8 with it pealed off ??? It's 18" wingspan and 18" long. I guess I will see how it glides when I put it together . Wow it didn't give up the paper on one side very easy but the weight was reduced to 17 grams ! And that was with the front pieces glued with Craft Bond .
IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:

JetCrafts

where did y
Cut out all the parts for my Bird of Prey . Weighs 33 grams with the paper on so should weigh 19.8 with it pealed off ??? It's 18" wingspan and 18" long. I guess I will see how it glides when I put it together . Wow it didn't give up the paper on one side very easy but the weight was reduced to 17 grams ! And that was with the front pieces glued with Craft Bond .
View attachment 199954
where did you get plans for ft ez space flight pls share plans
. if you have ft ez basix pls share plans

JetCrafts

recently found out about the EZ Power pack ... looks fun ... went to order but they were out of stock ... maybe later

created this as an homage to Joshs' design skills ... just copied his design based on what I could see from the video ... haven't got the EZ Power pack yet so I don't know how it'll fly but with a 1/4-20 steel nut in the nose ... it does glide

glider version weight is about 30gm ... wingspan 450mm ... slight dihedral at the dashed line

if anyone decides to build it and add the EZ power ... would be interested to know if it flies

View attachment 175305
can you pls make tiled plans of this

Test Fly RC

Elite member
Thanks Aviator.

Working on a Phoenix model of the EZ Glider. Not that difficult to build, but challenging to tune not knowing exactly how it flies in real life.
Will post a video when I'm satisfied. Big help if anyone here has built the glider. Thanks, rick
What program are you using to design models for Phoenix sim?

I would like to learn how to design sim models.