FT-EZ Three Pack Plans?

jmz66

Does anyone know if the FT EZ power pack components can be purchased separately? I would like just the controllers and the motors, as I have enough of the EZ transmitters and they will bind at flight time to any of the EZ flight controllers, so I don’t need any more of those.

AgentC

Elite member
Does anyone know if the FT EZ power pack components can be purchased separately? I would like just the controllers and the motors, as I have enough of the EZ transmitters and they will bind at flight time to any of the EZ flight controllers, so I don’t need any more of those.
I've had the same issue/request. I actually sent a message a while ago about getting the control board on its own, but haven't heard back yet. I know at one stage they had spare props and batteries available, but haven't seen that since the stores merged...

JustDucky

Go to Banggood and search for planes such as the Boeing 787 or the XK A100. They use the same electronics and each component can be purchased separately. When my original FT EZ-pack started having problems, I pulled the receiver from my old XK A100 and it worked perfectly.

jmz66

Go to Banggood and search for planes such as the Boeing 787 or the XK A100. They use the same electronics and each component can be purchased separately. When my original FT EZ-pack started having problems, I pulled the receiver from my old XK A100 and it worked perfectly.
Nice! Every part for the 787 looks exactly the same as FT. I was hesitant to get parts elsewhere because in the videos Josh says something about working with the manufacturer to add features, but maybe that was just the FT logo. The other reason I hesitated is that I want to support FT as much as possible, but I can’t justify having a box full of transmitters that I don’t need. I hope FT starts selling a kit w/o the transmitter or simply sells the parts individually. They might be constrained by their product source contract.

jmz66

Nice! Every part for the 787 looks exactly the same as FT. I was hesitant to get parts elsewhere because in the videos Josh says something about working with the manufacturer to add features, but maybe that was just the FT logo. The other reason I hesitated is that I want to support FT as much as possible, but I can’t justify having a box full of transmitters that I don’t need. I hope FT starts selling a kit w/o the transmitter or simply sells the parts individually. They might be constrained by their product source contract.
Whoa…. I just added up the parts from Banggood. $80 plus shipping for the same components FT sells for $36 plus shipping. Without the transmitter BG is still $66 plus shipping. Still, BG is a great option if you need to replace one or two components.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
@jetscraft - Here we are at a weird spot. They are EZ to do. But with all the hub bub about not-free plans.... I have made some for my private use before. But not FTs for any-user consumption.

Marzipan

I'm curious...are there any records / pictures of the previous EZ pack series? since we're on 3, that would mean the original and then gen 2.

Marzipan

@jetscraft - Here we are at a weird spot. They are EZ to do. But with all the hub bub about not-free plans.... I have made some for my private use before. But not FTs for any-user consumption.

and as frustrating as that could be, it's totally understandable and good on you to honor the oath you swore when you accepted the terms and conditions to access them.

perhaps you could make some scaled down versions to share? :sneaky: /s

AgentC

Elite member
Whoa…. I just added up the parts from Banggood. $80 plus shipping for the same components FT sells for $36 plus shipping. Without the transmitter BG is still $66 plus shipping. Still, BG is a great option if you need to replace one or two components.
Looks like the FT store is catching up! Stock of the 2-channel receiver and parts are now available on the store. Hopefully they'll catch up with the 3-channel parts next!

cochise99

PODCAST #213
https://www.flitetest.com/articles/podcast-episode-213-planes-plans-and-problems

Listen to this podcast.
LISTEN TO THE HURT/VIOLATION/SADNESS IN JOSH'S VOICE.
Most of your concerns/questions will be addressed.

bmosinski on September 17, 2021 Report Comment
Thank you Josh and all FT contributors for all you have given and continue to give. I appreciate all the passion and expertise you have "freely" provided all these years. Those of us that get it will continue to support you! in anyway we can into the future. Core convictions and truth will guide you all. Much continued success to you all. Bob M.

winglet on September 19, 2021 Report Comment
Great words Josh. Had no idea people were abusing your wonderful plans like that. That’s so wrong. Love everything you and Flite Test do.

JosephMJansen on September 19, 2021 Report Comment
It is disappointing to hear that people are profiting on something that was intended to be free for all to enjoy and get involved in the hobby. I personally appreciate Josh and John's efforts developing the plans... I have purchased several speed and master kits. Josh and John, I thank you for the vision you've shared, my kinds and I love FliteTest and will continue to support the team through our purchases and continued involvement in the community.

JosephMJansen on September 19, 2021 Report Comment
God bless you guys, I am interested in taking my hobby to the next level through applying the STEM program to my local community. If there's anyone who can help me with the logistics of that, it would be appreciated.

Sly Fox on September 22, 2021 Report Comment
So sorry to hear that the free plans were abused so bad. I know that I have enjoyed making a couple of the planes with my grandkids. I did get a Simple Cub build kit and look forward to building it.
Keep up the good work Josh.

Marzipan

has anyone tried to duplicate and create their own custom plans to match up with the STEM EZ planes, etc? or is that stepping on toes since FT never intended to release them for public use. they're not expensive, so I have no problem buying...but it sucks that you can't get the first couple of generations. how else are you suppose to collect them all?

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
has anyone tried to duplicate and create their own custom plans to match up with the STEM EZ planes, etc? or is that stepping on toes since FT never intended to release them for public use.

Duplicating the FT EZ3 designs and sharing those plans would be frowned upon.

...but it sucks that you can't get the first couple of generations. how else are you suppose to collect them all?

Buy the kits...
https://store.flitetest.com/ft-ez3-first-flyers-wr-382mm/
https://store.flitetest.com/ft-ez3-space-flyers-382mm/
https://store.flitetest.com/ft-ez3-jets/