FT-EZ Three Pack Plans?

Marzipan

What are those?

you know...perhaps my memory and all the the EZ acronyms and numbers have gotten mixed up...but for some reason I was under the impression that the EZ3 kits were the third iteration of previous kits that have since come and gone. it seems I am wrong and recollected incorrectly.

sorry about that...a lot of stress lately, serious pain / mobility issues due to sciatica and it's causing me to make a lot of these kinds of simple and annoying mistakes. :(

cochise99

you know...perhaps my memory and all the the EZ acronyms and numbers have gotten mixed up...but for some reason I was under the impression that the EZ3 kits were the third iteration of previous kits that have since come and gone. it seems I am wrong and recollected incorrectly.

sorry about that...a lot of stress lately, serious pain / mobility issues due to sciatica and it's causing me to make a lot of these kinds of simple and annoying mistakes. :(

Sorry to hear that. I am very fortunate to have lived to 76 with only a few Diabetic Neuropathy issues. All the best to you.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Shout out to my good friend SP0NZ for letting me use his EZ Intruder plans to create these little gems from the past. The EZ Intruder in two colors and the EZ Resistor. Skins to be posted in letter format (8 page PDF) on the FT Resource page soon. Share a memory with your kids!
1635348292549.png
t
1635348365952.png
to
1635348418686.png

Rasterize

Mentor
Two more to maiden in the morning: the EZ B58 Hustler, 15" WS AUW 51 grams, and the EZ ME163, 15.5" WS and AUW of 38 grams. I think the ME163 has the best chance. Don't know what the hustler is going to do with all that weight. If I can get it to fly then I'll give it a skin. 747s on the back burner till next week.
B58 v1.jpg

163 top.jpg

163.jpg

Rasterize

Mentor
Awesome! Any possibility of tiled, PDF plans? Thanks!

looks great

Meh. The 747 and ME163 were both dogs and I have abandoned any further testing as a waste of time. The Hustler flew fine in testing but I couldn't get the production version to fly for the life of me. As for plans, probably not. I would start over on them anyway, which, I'm not going to do. These guys have sucked up too much of my life as it is. To many other projects waiting in line. Sorry guys.

jockywilson11

This Peace Drone flies a treat with the 2 Ch pack. All up weight is 58 g with an Estes Astro cam in the front, ( that's 8g on it's own) Made from 3 mm depron and flies like a homesick angel. I had to make a little extension for the power cable to get the battery right at the back for balance. Sketch attached on how it's built. Wing and Canard are just standard Armin wings, pretty much like the bigger Flite Test designs, the fueslage is an Experimental Airlines design so if you look up his Ainsley Peace drone on youtube you'll see how he did it.

Enjoy.
Peace Drone Photo 1.jpg

Attachments

• 1S Peace Drone.pdf
    508.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jockywilson11

Meh. The 747 and ME163 were both dogs and I have abandoned any further testing as a waste of time. The Hustler flew fine in testing but I couldn't get the production version to fly for the life of me. As for plans, probably not. I would start over on them anyway, which, I'm not going to do. These guys have sucked up too much of my life as it is. To many other projects waiting in line. Sorry guys.
The ME 163 maybe needs some reflex at the wingtips, did you try that? ( As per the ez-Plank video) Also when I've made some free flight flying wings in the past they needed some upthrust on them to help lift the nose up when under power. Otherwise they make a bee-line for the ground nose first. On foam board just a little upwards twist of the motors should help.

Cg is also awkward on these, I recently found this good resource for it, hopefully it'll help https://rcplanes.online/cg_wing.htm

CG calculator Works fine for a Delta wing too.

Last edited: