FT-EZ Three Pack Plans?

legodragonxp

The Three pack comes with an extra fuselage and a couple extra pieces of the white foam to try your own design. I threw something together quickly by eyeball. Weighs about 47 grams. Basically is very slow aircraft for tooling around the yard since we can't go anywhere right now. Flies with about 30 degree nose up and maintains altitude at about 50% throttle. In high-rates I have about a 12-15ft turn radius.The horizontal stabilizer is angled down about the thickness of a piece of foam. Span is 11.5" Wing Dihedral is about a 1.5" rise... so um..14.6 degrees or so. Tail is about 5 degrees by eyeball. Engines are 3" from center-line.

The control board is about 1.5" long and about 3/4" high. I make a full 1" high slot to protect the switch and the LED.

X3a.jpg

X2a.jpg

X1a.jpg

Mr.Grinch

I finally put the FT freighter together. It flies a little faster than I’d like for the area I have to work with. It doesn’t help that it’s pretty windy today and I have plenty of trees and other obstacles to get in the way when trying to get back down. I was a little surprised at how good the power off glide was. It makes me like the EZ glider even more, the slower flight makes it easier to manage in the yard.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'll likely order the power pack now so i can try the freighter out too.

Baldanzi

We got the bundle last week. It’s great! The freighter flies extremely well. We’ve only built the v tail and canard so far. Both fly well too! We did modify a Quercetti glider and it flies pretty well, need to work on thrust angles but it’s FAST!
Next step is to create some sort of 3d printed motor mount for 7x16 quad motors....that way you just move the board and battery from plane to plane. These things are sooo much fun.

Attachments

• 4FF28FB3-4020-41F4-934A-37DACD4E9ECF.jpeg
    4FF28FB3-4020-41F4-934A-37DACD4E9ECF.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 0
ive got some footage that i will upload of me flying the ez glider v4 pdf got the best flights with out of the 3 planes i got from here and downloaded the pdf's but today i broke the wing from dozens of crashes caused by wind gusts but wow this kit is the best way to get into the hobby with great cheap hardware! thank everyone for sharing great files!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
flew the freighter and plank again today and i have to admit my opinion has varied since owning them...

at first they were really fun and diff... :LOL:

then they were pretty basic and boring... :confused:

then they made me re-think how i was flying it...:unsure:

then we started barn storming the plank today...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

and now, i'm sold again. (y)

may have even accidentally, on purpose, bought another pack. :sneaky:

laters,

me :cool: