FT-EZ Three Pack Plans?

Tronglodon

I absolutely love the FT-Stem EZ planes that debuted in the new video on the tech channel. Does anyone know if we'll be getting free build plans for these planes? I can't spend $100 on the EZ Basix bundle, but I sure can spend $35 on the power pack. Is anyone else excited to build these new little planes? I showed the video to my 6-year-old daughter and she totally wants to fly them! Anyone else have a little kid who might start flying with these FT-EZ planes?

1965ford

I am thinking about getting the EZ Basix bundle, would like to see an option of the three planes and three power packs without the c-17. If the planes are in a stand alone kit I can add the power packs as needed. Love the concept, will make a great home education project for us.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I would love to see free plans for the EZ planes myself. I would like to use the plans to make some chuck gliders with my grandsons. I think it could be a fun project.

Al

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The FT EZ BasiX Bundle is an FT STEM program/project. Flite Test will not be releasing free build plans for these for the time being. Maybe in the future, but I have no idea when. I have been told that the power pack will be made available separately from the FT Freighter and the EZ BasiX Bundle in the near future.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Here's my first EZ design, the EZ Intruder...

1588952743603.png

I will be releasing plans for this one. It flys really well. Perfect for flying in my back yard or a gym. These things are a blast. They are also a great platform to get started in model design.

SavageX89

I also have a 3D printed glider hook and handle model that I will be sharing as well. The EZ Intruder can also be built as a chuck glider.

Image here is not the EZ Intruder, just using it to illustrate my launcher and hook design.

Dude, i'm drooling! this is amazing!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Oh wow! the freighter is much cheaper than i was expecting! might just get one now and then an extra power pack later. very cool!
That was my plan. Then I bought another Freighter again anyway just to have another set of electronics to play with. I'm sure I'll buy the power pack when it comes out too. These things are just a blast to play around with.

alan0043

Here's my first EZ design, the EZ Intruder...

View attachment 168346

I will be releasing plans for this one. It flys really well. Perfect for flying in my back yard or a gym. These things are a blast. They are also a great platform to get started in model design.

Hi SPONZ,

Cool looking plane. Thank You for willing to share your plans. Question for you. When you share your plans, will the plans be in the plan section on the forum or some other place ?

Al

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor

SavageX89

hmmm... the $100 i think would be well worth it. gets the freighter, extra power pack, and three speed build kits... would save a bunch on shipping later when ordering the extra power pack. and each of my boys could get their own plane and controller.... hmmmm.....