FT-EZ Three Pack Plans?

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

It is real interesting how the EZ Pack has taken off. I wonder if Josh would have ever thought this little power system would grab this much attention.

Al

Mr.Grinch

The SeaChuck flew! I ended up having to move the battery all the way to the rear of the fuselage making the CG about 2/3 of the way back from the LE. But hey, at least it worked. If I build another I’ll shorten the fuse slightly and move the board and battery right under the wing.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
@alan0043 No kidding!

This is kinda fun to see, I've been building little things like this for a quite a while using parts from the toy quadcopter bin. I've been using 8mm motors, little Chinese receivers, and micro brushed esc's for a long time. Its fun to have one with some stabilization to play with! I've had the best luck on ones I've designed in the past by using an elevator channel too. I wonder if there will ever be a way to add that to this system?

A lot of my micro builds have had 4 channels but the "ugly duckling" only has differential thrust and an elevator:

I've done some more tuning on this ^ little guy since the video. Actually flies really well now.

I see some other sea ducks on here already, I think I'll have to do it again with the new EZ system and see how it compares!

Mr.Grinch

Hi Everyone,

It is real interesting how the EZ Pack has taken off. I wonder if Josh would have ever thought this little power system would grab this much attention.

Al
I don’t know if they expected it, but I’m quite happy with the kit. It works very well for me to just launch in the back yard and pass the controller to my son. Everything else is too big and/or too complicated for me to feel comfortable doing that around our house.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Yeah, the boys and I started on it a few nights ago. It's almost like cheating though, the power pack it must have been built for was almost identical to this one, virtually made for this kit... I'll have a video up as soon as the weather cooperates...

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
The Corsair isn't going to work in it's current configuration. The thrust line is just way to low..... I was afraid of that. I will have to add some motor mounts near the center line.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Let me know, please, how it flies compared to your real one and I'll try adjusting a few things.

Cheers, rick

Thanks for doing this Rick... It is fun to fly. It does turn slightly different, but not sure exactly how. The throttle to lift ratio is perfect! You nailed that one.

Tim

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Ok, Trial and error, that's what this is all about.

EZ Corsair V2.0

EZ Corsair 2.0.jpg

CG = 1 1/2" from leading edge.

This one flys . Fixed the thrust line issue.

Attachments

• Corsair 2 EZ.dxf
    71 KB · Views: 0
  • Corsair 2 EZ .pdf
    5.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

RCBuildIdeas

I'm looking forward to the FT STEM EZ-Power Pack to be available again. While waiting, I put together a small model that I hope to use with the system. It's a little swept wing v-tail design that weighs about 60 grams (50 gram airframe + 10 grams of weight in the nose.) It glides, but may still be a bit tail heavy; I might try making the v-tail area a little smaller.
IMG_0003_00.png

IMG_0001_00.png

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'm looking forward to the FT STEM EZ-Power Pack to be available again. While waiting, I put together a small model that I hope to use with the system. It's a little swept wing v-tail design that weighs about 60 grams (50 gram airframe + 10 grams of weight in the nose.) It glides, but may still be a bit tail heavy; I might try making the v-tail area a little smaller.
View attachment 170234
View attachment 170235
That looks really good. (y)

legodragonxp

View attachment 170234
View attachment 170235

From my experience so far, 50 grams all up weight it the beginning of the power curve falling off unless you have shaped airfoils with the power pack. If you fly indoor you might have a little better tolerances. Then again, this thing is really sleek so you might be fine.

RCBuildIdeas

From my experience so far, 50 grams all up weight it the beginning of the power curve falling off unless you have shaped airfoils with the power pack. If you fly indoor you might have a little better tolerances. Then again, this thing is really sleek so you might be fine.
It will be interesting to see how it does with the motors, battery and other stuff installed. I'll probably try reducing the area of the v-tail and attempt to reduce the weight a little.