FT-EZ Three Pack Plans?

GrizWiz

Elite member
OK, here are the results so far.

I cut the second version out and put it together.
View attachment 175601
View attachment 175602

View attachment 175603

Test flew it (or attempted to, but it pitched up a lot, which took a lot of weight to compensate on the front and dipped sharply in turns). Weight is not good, so I removed some of the front "canards" and eliminated some weight.

View attachment 175607

This configuration flew with a quarter and a penny for nose weight. Still is a bit iffy , but I was able to keep it in the air for a couple of minutes. Seems like to me it still has a lot of lift in the front that could be reduced and therefore be able to reduce the amount of weight. ( that's my story, and I'm sticking to it :D )

So, I took your first design, and will try it when I get the chance again. I will also see if I can get someone to video it flying.

View attachment 175605
View attachment 175606
I think all is not lost! I looked at the FT EZ Canard and it has around 5-7 degrees of incidence in the for wing! I think if you angle the wing up it will help eliminate the problems you were having!

GrizWiz

Elite member
Ok so I bought this FPV Camera and tried it with the EZ Board! FPV Camera I soldered a jst connector so It could connect to the lights slot in the control board, It did not work and I am still not sure why. It works fine in the motor slot at full throttle but not the lights!!! I took the voltage and amperage of them and they are the same... I wonder if the board has some sort of override so it only works with the lights on the store. I ended soldering a male jst 1.25 to the pads where the battery wires go straight into the control board. I chose male over female because I wanted to be able to plug in tiny whoop batteries! I then used a female to female extension I soldered to plug the camera in! And It works!!!
IMG_20210126_102333538.jpg

So this board I soldered a female connector on because I ran out of males. There are 3 different cables one that is a adaptor for the camera to the battery directly, One that is female to female, and one that is male to male.
Also sorry for the crappy quality!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Ok so I bought this FPV Camera and tried it with the EZ Board! FPV Camera I soldered a jst connector so It could connect to the lights slot in the control board, It did not work and I am still not sure why. It works fine in the motor slot at full throttle but not the lights!!! I took the voltage and amperage of them and they are the same... I wonder if the board has some sort of override so it only works with the lights on the store. I ended soldering a male jst 1.25 to the pads where the battery wires go straight into the control board. I chose male over female because I wanted to be able to plug in tiny whoop batteries! I then used a female to female extension I soldered to plug the camera in! And It works!!! View attachment 190394
So this board I soldered a female connector on because I ran out of males. There are 3 different cables one that is a adaptor for the camera to the battery directly, One that is female to female, and one that is male to male.
Did you click on the Lights button on the transmitter when you were trying to use the Lights channel?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Ok so I bought this FPV Camera and tried it with the EZ Board! FPV Camera I soldered a jst connector so It could connect to the lights slot in the control board, It did not work and I am still not sure why. It works fine in the motor slot at full throttle but not the lights!!! I took the voltage and amperage of them and they are the same... I wonder if the board has some sort of override so it only works with the lights on the store. I ended soldering a male jst 1.25 to the pads where the battery wires go straight into the control board. I chose male over female because I wanted to be able to plug in tiny whoop batteries! I then used a female to female extension I soldered to plug the camera in! And It works!!! View attachment 190394
That's a great idea, I like it!

MrBones9114

Awesome! Ive loved the sabre ever since ive started flying it in games and im hoping by shrinking it down a bit i can mount the motors on the wing tips because in the pictures it looks massive. Once my 2 channel kit arrives ill put it together and tell y'all how the maiden went.

GrizWiz

Elite member
Awesome! Ive loved the sabre ever since ive started flying it in games and im hoping by shrinking it down a bit i can mount the motors on the wing tips because in the pictures it looks massive. Once my 2 channel kit arrives ill put it together and tell y'all how the maiden went.
Cool!

tomlogan1

Elite member
Look familiar?!?
It's an EZ Mini EZ Glider!

This beta version weighs in at about 60g with the 3-channel parts installed.
Once the kinks are worked out, plans will be up!
As expected, it's a great chuck glider, even with the paper removed.

Fun-fact: This model will use the Freighter attachment for the control board and battery :)

Looks like you shrunk a Tiny Trainer! Great job!

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Does anyone have the tiled planes for Nerdnics f-16 chuck glider? if so could you send them my way?
I aligned the parts to use only 5 pages. I hope it's what you need.

Attachments

• nnChuckF-16TILE-1.pdf
    3.9 KB · Views: 0
  • nnChuckF-16TILE-2.pdf
    3.8 KB · Views: 0
  • nnChuckF-16TILE-3.pdf
  • nnChuckF-16TILE-4.pdf
  • nnChuckF-16TILE-5.pdf
    2.8 KB · Views: 0