FT Fans Oshkosh meetup '18

JGplanes

We'll be at Oshkosh next Thursday and Friday, and wanted a organize a thread to meetup with anyone else who's going. Does anyone know if FT will have an official tent, or if they'll be hanging with another group like last year (Aviator PPG)?

JG

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
I will be there everyday. I will be working during the week, so if you see me around I might be busy, but don't be afraid to say hi.

WERA22

I’m here working also. PM me if you want to visit. I’ll be working at Piper, Quest and Daher depending on the day.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I need to figure out how far Oshkosh is from my Aunt's side of the family. They keep telling me I am welcome to come out and stay with them, but they also keep talking about doing ice fishing rather than aviation, so I personally think they might've had their brains frozen sitting out on the lake a little too long. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

WERA22

Does FT have a display? I worked all day right across from the paramotor people they used to hang out with. There didn’t appear to be much going on over there.

JGplanes

They didn't really have a display last year, just a tent next to Aviator PPG, but that's where they all seemed to hang out. Anyone know for sure if/where their "home base" is this year?

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I will be there Friday and Saturday, a meetup would be great! I'm surprised we haven't seen any info on the FT crew at Oshkosh though. Will probably find them around the ultralight area somewhere.

JGplanes

We're headed that way. If anyone finds a good meetup spot/time for Friday mid-day, please post it, and I'll check back.

WERA22

Let me know too. I might be able to come up with some interesting stuff for everyone if I know how many people are coming.

JGplanes

Since I haven’t heard anything, we’ll hang around the Aviator PPG tent from around 1-1:30 if anyone wants to meet up.

WERA22

I’ll walk that way. I’m wearing a dark gray T-shirt with the meat eater logo on it (a deer with forks for antlers). My name is Steve.

JGplanes

@WERA22 - It was nice meeting you, and thanks for the passes! We'll have to see if we can get together locally sometime.

Everyone else... Sorry we missed you. We'll be at the Red Bull Air Race on Saturday, October 6th. I'll start another thread closer to the date if anyone else would like to meet up.

JG