FT flyer Maiden

lostcity

Ft flyer.jpg

This is my FT Flyer prior to launch. Ran into some issues during take off. The plane took forever to get into the air and promptly rolled to right and crashed. The motor is Turnigy D2822 with an APC 8x 3.8 prop. Checked the CG per the speed build kit markings which when adjusted were spot on. Now that I look at the motor specs I am wondering if 8 x3.8 is a bit too lame.

Thanks

Are you running 2s or 3s for that prop? IIRC that prop works best with 3s and would be severely down on thrust with 2s. (Still a noob myself so double check that before you take my word for it)

I used a 9x4.7 on 2s and it did just fine as far as thrust on that setup.

lostcity

Are you running 2s or 3s for that prop? IIRC that prop works best with 3s and would be severely down on thrust with 2s. (Still a noob myself so double check that before you take my word for it)

I used a 9x4.7 on 2s and it did just fine as far as thrust on that setup.

I am using a 0.5 MAh 2S. I think I have a 9x4.7 so let me give that a shot. Thanks much for the reply....

JasonEricAnderson

I've got that same motor on my FT Flyer, however I'm using a 0.5mAh 3s with a 9x4.7 and it flies like a dream. I've been hand launching with no gear so far. (yes bent two props so far :p )

Full details and specs over in this post.