FT Flyer Question

MaxTheFliteFreak

Hi, I am interested in scratch building the new FT Flyer. Although Flite Test has not provided plans, they claim that it is the same size as the originals, but with a smaller powerplant, anx that thwy made some minor changes. Would it be fine to scratch build the original Flyer and just slap an A motor on it? Also, what changes have been made to the airframe?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Hi, I am interested in scratch building the new FT Flyer. Although Flite Test has not provided plans, they claim that it is the same size as the originals, but with a smaller powerplant, anx that thwy made some minor changes. Would it be fine to scratch build the original Flyer and just slap an A motor on it? Also, what changes have been made to the airframe?
You should be fine without many modifications, just glue an A pack power pod to the front and slap some Velcro on it for the lipo. Good luck with the build!

hankflies03

for mine I just screwed the a-motor to the swappable powerpod but probably the mini power pod would work better.

Foamforce

The store has one good photo of the bottom. It looks like a lengthened mini power pod with notches on the like the normal power pod. My Nutballs are tail heavy enough that I need at least a 650mah 3s mounted right up to the nose to balance. By having the smaller power pod, that probably helped move the COG forward so they could put on a smaller motor and smaller battery and make it fly a little more calmly.