FT Full Size Plan Printing Service

ftwingnut

WWI Flying Ace
I am a fellow FliteTest builder/pilot, and have built many of the FT designs, so I am fully aware of the pain of printing tiled pages and taping them together to cut out the parts. I am also fully aware of the pain of trying to get an office supply store to print full size plans at the correct scale, and the varying costs involved. I recently had the opportunity to purchase a large format printer/plotter, and I have been having all kinds of fun printing full size plans and cutting up foamboard.

I don't want to keep this fun all to myself, and I want to give back to the FT community, so I am starting a small printing service for the FT community. I will print whatever FT design plans you desire, in full color, and I will make sure the scale is absolutely correct. I will then roll the plans and put them in a mailing tube, and send them to you. I want to keep pricing fair, so I am starting to price the service as follows:

FT Plans, ANSI D print size (22" x 34"):
$2/page
Buyer pays actual mailing costs.
(Typical coast-to-coast Priority 2-day would cost about $8)

For the custom skins that Rasterize has created, add $1/page to cover the extra ink that would be used. Check out these really cool realistic looking skins. His post can be found here:
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?21550-Decal-Plans-Everybody-Join-In

For the plans that Dan Sponholz has redrawn, there are a few letter-sized pages at the beginning. I recommend you print these off yourself to save time and cost. If you don't have easy access to a printer at all, let me know in your order message, and I will throw in those letter-size pages at no extra cost.

I would like to limit this to only FT design plans, but if you have a design that you have created yourself and would like to have it printed, PM me for a quote.

If you have questions, feel free to comment or send me a private message.
FTWingnut

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
:cool:Way to support the community mate. That sounds like less then half the price for other methods WITH the guarantee that scaling of correct makes it a huge deal.

Liam B

Can you print DXF and DWG files of plans? Earthsciteach made some 500% Corsair plans and I still haven’t figured out how to print them.

ftwingnut

WWI Flying Ace
Can you print DXF and DWG files of plans? Earthsciteach made some 500% Corsair plans and I still haven’t figured out how to print them.

It looks like I can do a conversion that will allow me to print DXF files to 100% scale, but I will need to try it first to see how accurate and repeatable it is. Can you post a link to one of the files?

Brian
FTWingnut

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I might be interested in some Corsair skins or PT-17 skins. Do you have either or both or do I have to find what I want and provide it to you?

tjames

Some of the FT plans are larger than Ansi D (I believe most of the older ones). For instance the FT3D is something like 34x28 (I actually rearranged the pdf to 24x36 so I could print it locally at OfficeMax). Are you able to print the larger plans or only the Ansi D sized plans?

ftwingnut

WWI Flying Ace
I might be interested in some Corsair skins or PT-17 skins. Do you have either or both or do I have to find what I want and provide it to you?

I don't have any skin files in "stock", but if you sent me a link, I would be happy to take a look and see.

ftwingnut

WWI Flying Ace
Some of the FT plans are larger than Ansi D (I believe most of the older ones). For instance the FT3D is something like 34x28 (I actually rearranged the pdf to 24x36 so I could print it locally at OfficeMax). Are you able to print the larger plans or only the Ansi D sized plans?

I am able to print the larger plan sheets as well, and since they aren't that much bigger, I would still charge the same price.

ftwingnut

WWI Flying Ace
Due to a death in the family, I have not been on the boards lately. I am back now, and can print full-size plans for anyone needing them. If you would like a set, PM me the plans you want and your address and I will get them out to you ASAP.

Brian

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Hey Brian!

We are so sorry to hear about the passing of one of your family members! We are praying for continued support and peace through this time!

I also wanted to thank you for trying to make printing the FT plans even easier and more accessible! Thank you for your heart and for being an awesome part of the best community in the WORLD!!

Blessings and prayers,
Stefan

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I just layed out my plans for the first time today and they are awesome! This definitely beats using the tiled plans and spending a few hours just to make decent plans. I'll make another post,maybe today, on the finished Ft3D!
IMG_5152.JPG

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I'm sorry about that, I have been very busy with school, but I have finished it. I just need to post the pictures and maiden it. Sorry about that.

captron360

Can you print plans for the giant ones? My next build (after the Razorback) will be the giant Razorback. I paid around $250.00 for a set of plans for the giant Sea Duck-Which I am building now.
I'm just not sure how it's going to come out of the basement....May have to tear down the house LOL

ftwingnut

WWI Flying Ace
Let me do some checking on it, and I'll let you know. Can you send me a link to one of the plans?

Brian

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Can you print plans for the giant ones? My next build (after the Razorback) will be the giant Razorback. I paid around $250.00 for a set of plans for the giant Sea Duck-Which I am building now.
I'm just not sure how it's going to come out of the basement....May have to tear down the house LOL
What was the percentage for the giant sea duck?