FT FunBat

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
It's still too windy to fly, and my latest order from HK won't be here until my kids are old and grey. But I had an extra sheet of foamboard hiding in the corner, a sharp knife, and printed plans for the FunBat.

But I wanted to take advantage of the swapability that the FT foamies offered, so I decided to build it based on the Swapable Series. Off came the FT Flyer fuselage and on goes the FunBat fuselage! I set it up so the firewall is still 2" from the leading edge of the wing, so I should be able to adjust the battery, ESC, and RX to give me a decent CoG.

I still need to finish up some of the details, but all the components are cut and awaiting servos, paint, etc.

2012-09-27_19-23-59_737.jpg

I'm considering painting it similar to the Japanese Zero. I don't know why, but it seems like a good idea...

2012-09-27_19-24-36_354.jpg

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
The little foam pilot needs a place to hang out, so I gave him a little foam canopy. This also should give it a little extra strength in the front end where I added the filler block.

2012-09-27_21-02-23_882.jpg

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
I left the green paint a little light in spots. I like that better than a nice "perfect" coat of paint. The white rings around the meatballs don't line up perfectly, but I'm probably the only one who will be bothered by it. Servos are on the way from China, along with a few other supplies so I can finish it up!

IMG_0098.JPG