Help! Ft goblin don't fly

Tito

Hi I have built an Ft goblin from 7mm vector board and its just hit the ground nose first the cg was on the marked spot, I was using a 3d printed 5x4 3 bladed prop and an 1400kv motor with 3s li-ion battery-s

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You have a lot of variables, hard to guess which one is the problem. Most likely, your plane is out of trim, you need more up elevator. Assuming you have the controls setup correctly.

If this is your first plane, set the goblin aside for now and switch to an easier plane to fly. Something like the tiny trainer. It will be nearly impossible to learn to fly with the goblin.

Last edited:

quorneng

Master member
Tito
Some questions.
1. Do you have any experience flying RC planes?
2. Exactly which 1400kv motor?
3. What capacity is your 3s LiPo?
4. How much does your Goblin weigh ready to go?
5. Just how good is your 3D printed prop?
Props are not that expensive and are likely to be considerable more efficient at converting Watts in thrust than a printed one.

Get to far out on any of these topics the plane is unlikely to fly properly.
Any flying wing is not easy plane to set up correctly. As Merv suggest there are Ft designs that much easier to fly.

Tito

Tito
Some questions.
1. Do you have any experience flying RC planes?
2. Exactly which 1400kv motor?
3. What capacity is your 3s LiPo?
4. How much does your Goblin weigh ready to go?
5. Just how good is your 3D printed prop?
Props are not that expensive and are likely to be considerable more efficient at converting Watts in thrust than a printed one.

Get to far out on any of these topics the plane is unlikely to fly properly.
Any flying wing is not easy plane to set up correctly. As Merv suggest there are Ft designs that much easier to fly.

1. Just in simulators
2. Idon't know i have it for a long time
3. 2600mA
4. 0,5kg
5. Its quite good wery lite Vibration

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
the 3D printed prop is suspect... you could also have put the prop on backwards (most props have a forward direction, if it is backwards you get a good chunk less thrust)
the store page recommends a different kv/size motor:
Motor: 2205-2306 Size (2300-2700kV)

I also question the li-ion pack as they have a much lower max current draw that they can handle then a lipo pack.

your using a similar sized prop but at less then 60% of the kv on the motor recommended. A quick run in a thrust calculator gives me less then 50% expected thrust out of that lower kv motor.

looking at all the bits here, there is really good chance that your power plant isn't going to put out the needed thrust to get it moving fast enough.