FT Goblin Group Build

Sero

Elite member
That's a great paint job, the teeth are cool. I gotta buy more CF spars too. Have you flown it lately
Thanks!
I haven't flown it recently, or that much at all, probably less than 25 flights on it. Been busy flying Mini Mustangs, the Bronco and Racer. I was just thinking earlier that I should charge all my batteries, find a whole day and fly till I drain them all.
My wife wouldn't be happy...:p

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Thanks!
I haven't flown it recently, or that much at all, probably less than 25 flights on it. Been busy flying Mini Mustangs, the Bronco and Racer. I was just thinking earlier that I should charge all my batteries, find a whole day and fly till I drain them all.
My wife wouldn't be happy...:p
If it was up to me I would have a bandolier of batteries and take a day

danskis

Master member
Thanks everyone for the help. It's now ready to crash test - uh maiden. I expect the fuselage wont survive but I'm hoping with the wing rubber banded on it will survive. I'll add a canopy once I figure out the CG.
Goblin22-1.jpg

Last edited:

Airkaos

My new take on the goblin, following “notamedclosed” foamtini from YouTube, I built a different body on the goblin, by making the fb vertical it gives a lot of rigidity the body needed.

Attachments

• 1534210E-14FF-4A25-A516-0E8FC4623B3F.jpeg
    1534210E-14FF-4A25-A516-0E8FC4623B3F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • BD539977-FCC1-4F9C-AFC3-132E13DA0998.jpeg
    BD539977-FCC1-4F9C-AFC3-132E13DA0998.jpeg
    734.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DD854D47-1DDD-4DA1-950D-0349832812A7.jpeg
    DD854D47-1DDD-4DA1-950D-0349832812A7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

Wildthing

Legendary member
I ran this motor with a 7x5.5 on 4s on my FT Mustang, but it will get more cooling airflow as a tractor set-up. I usually keep an eye on my motor temps with an infrared thermometer, but I forgot to bring it this last flight, it didn't feel too bad by touch.
Somewhere in my trunk I have one (2200kv) but I mostly use the NTM Propdrive 2700kv and 3000kv motors, the new Propdrive V2 I don't find as durable pushing them on 4S . I usually run them with a 6X3 TGS prop and 80A esc on 4S and they still come in warm.

Sero

Elite member
Somewhere in my trunk I have one (2200kv) but I mostly use the NTM Propdrive 2700kv and 3000kv motors, the new Propdrive V2 I don't find as durable pushing them on 4S . I usually run them with a 6X3 TGS prop and 80A esc on 4S and they still come in warm.

I read that the V2's are wired different (I suspect Y vs delta, don't know) than the V1's and don't like the higher voltages. I've read 6s is a no but on V1's its ok. All my Propdrives are V2's and have run them on 4s.
Have you played with the ESC timing? Too much advanced timing can get them hot.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I read that the V2's are wired different (I suspect Y vs delta, don't know) than the V1's and don't like the higher voltages. I've read 6s is a no but on V1's its ok. All my Propdrives are V2's and have run them on 4s.
Have you played with the ESC timing? Too much advanced timing can get them hot.

Never really played with timing in all my years, I should but just lazy :D .
One time for giggles I threw the 1200kv on 6S using a 5X3 APC prop (test bench) , Short few blasts and it took it , holy crap the thrust was unbelievable and the sound was 10 times worse. You needed hearing protection, I tried to cover my ears with my shoulders it was that bad. Never did try it in a plane, it probably would have been a 1 full wot pass and then up into smoke.

mayan

Legendary member
Yay, I finally got to maiden this thing. Naturally the nose is now an accordian. :p
Great flight buddy. The Goblin isn’t an easy plane to fly but you did good. Did you add a reflex? That could have helped with having to use full up elevator all the time. Also I’d make it a bit tail heavy to help as well but that’s just me. Though my last flight with the Goblin didn’t end well either.

5799C2D2-A82A-4599-B928-6ED17723B995.jpeg
34FBE7C9-788A-45F5-A3C9-8A9DF13F08E1.jpeg

andrej

Did anyone try to make twin motor out of goblin? How do you think it will be more stable to fly into the wind, and there will be less noise from the engines?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Did anyone try to make twin motor out of goblin? How do you think it will be more stable to fly into the wind, and there will be less noise from the engines?
It would be similar in stability, however with two motors you’d probably want to upscale the plane depending on what motors tie using, and a bigger plane has more surface area and it’ll get tossed around a little more. Weight will make it more stable, so it you’re using a big battery you’ll have better penetration. As far as noise goes, you could do a twin tractor and that’ll eliminate a little noise but it’ll still be a bit noisy. If you upscale it, and run it off two C or B packs it’ll be quieter than two f packs since they spin a bigger prop more slowly.