FT Goblin Group Build

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
So I started the fuse on this hot rod and I have watched the build vid a couple times and I see that once the bottom fuse place is glued in, the motor is committed to the plane unless you tear it apart to access the motor screws. Has anyone built a access hatch or a removable firewall/pod thing to remove the motor?

mayan

Legendary member
So I started the fuse on this hot rod and I have watched the build vid a couple times and I see that once the bottom fuse place is glued in, the motor is committed to the plane unless you tear it apart to access the motor screws. Has anyone built a access hatch or a removable firewall/pod thing to remove the motor?
True that does suck. This model unlike most FT models gives you a hard time to access electronics in general (Rx, ESC, motor).

I finished mine! Not the prettiest plane I have built and not too happy with the result either but ^*% it, I am dying to maiden this baby. Gave it some character too.
0E85A865-E8E3-40FA-B709-20529583FB0B.jpeg

E30A46D1-65FA-48EA-94A6-3C648F2F7C23.jpeg

It’s raining lightly now so I don’t know how the field will be tomorrow plus it’s blowing 10km/hr tomorrow. That’s not bad so long as the field is dry, although Tuesday should be better blowing only 5km/hr and no rain planned. Debating...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
True that does suck. This model unlike most FT models gives you a hard time to access electronics in general (Rx, ESC, motor).

I finished mine! Not the prettiest plane I have built and not too happy with the result either but ^*% it, I am dying to maiden this baby. Gave it some character too.
View attachment 149646
View attachment 149647

It’s raining lightly now so I don’t know how the field will be tomorrow plus it’s blowing 10km/hr tomorrow. That’s not bad so long as the field is dry, although Tuesday should be better blowing only 5km/hr and no rain planned. Debating...
Still looks awesome, besides looks don't make it fly, the pilot does :cool:
Looks good.... but the stripes "might" cause more confusion... seeing how they are on different wings... "Just saying..." :p
I do agree with @kilroy07, stripes will look the same top to bottom, especially how fast and nimble these things are

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
x

View attachment 149646
View attachment 149647

Looks good to me! Now I know what mine should look like when I'm done. I wish you luck on the maiden, when you're able!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Got the fuse somewhat put together, laminated it with stainless steel looking poster board. It tends to really show the glue seams, but who cares when it's in the air lol
20191201_183704.jpg
20191201_183720.jpg
20191201_183740.jpg

I haven't decided what color the nose will be yet, red, blue, fl orange, or fl yellow. The Vstabs will be black just like the wings. Whatever color I do go with will continue over the bottom fuse plate. Since this is a 130% scale up I do have room for the ESC under the wing where the servo wires come out. What I will do with the firewall/pod thing is still on the fence, but I do have some ideas, got some research to do yet.

This thing is big though, pretty impressive so far IMO

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
In digging around in my tickle trunk, (you older folks know what the tickle trunk is), I found the power pod I used on the Spear so I improvised and Mcgyvored a pod system for the Gobby
20191201_204712.jpg

This was salvaged from the 80% Spear, forgot I had it

20191201_204724.jpg

Built an indexing system for it, I cut a relief in the back of the wing in the fuse, notice the notches that take the skewers in the front of the pod over the wing. There are also skewers to hold the top of the pod just the same as most FT designs...
20191201_204643.jpg

BAM! we have a power pod for the Goblin, copy cheat and steal if you like.

Now to cover the bottom, all the airflow will be coming from an opening in the bottom under the wing allowing access to the ESC. Rx will be up on the deck of the fuse and battery will be strapped underneath inside the nose. Did it, I should have been an engineer :LOL::ROFLMAO:

OliverW

Legendary member
Got the fuse somewhat put together, laminated it with stainless steel looking poster board. It tends to really show the glue seams, but who cares when it's in the air lol
View attachment 149655 View attachment 149656 View attachment 149657
I haven't decided what color the nose will be yet, red, blue, fl orange, or fl yellow. The Vstabs will be black just like the wings. Whatever color I do go with will continue over the bottom fuse plate. Since this is a 130% scale up I do have room for the ESC under the wing where the servo wires come out. What I will do with the firewall/pod thing is still on the fence, but I do have some ideas, got some research to do yet.

It looks amazing!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
View attachment 149655 View attachment 149656 View attachment 149657

Don't lie, man! She's sexy as heck and you know it! :love: At 130% she's going to be the bully in the sky! She's not a goblin. She's an Ogre! :p

mayan

Legendary member
Looks good.... but the stripes "might" cause more confusion... seeing how they are on different wings... "Just saying..." :p
Right wing always. Top and bottom. Helps me fly straight and stay oriented.

In digging around in my tickle trunk, (you older folks know what the tickle trunk is), I found the power pod I used on the Spear so I improvised and Mcgyvored a pod system for the Gobby
View attachment 149674
This was salvaged from the 80% Spear, forgot I had it

View attachment 149675
Built an indexing system for it, I cut a relief in the back of the wing in the fuse, notice the notches that take the skewers in the front of the pod over the wing. There are also skewers to hold the top of the pod just the same as most FT designs...
View attachment 149676
BAM! we have a power pod for the Goblin, copy cheat and steal if you like.

Now to cover the bottom, all the airflow will be coming from an opening in the bottom under the wing allowing access to the ESC. Rx will be up on the deck of the fuse and battery will be strapped underneath inside the nose. Did it, I should have been an engineer :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I like it great idea and job in making it happen.

Don't lie, man! She's sexy as heck and you know it! :love: At 130% she's going to be the bully in the sky! She's not a goblin. She's an Ogre! :p
+1