FT Goblin Group Build

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
wow - turn your back for one minute and bam, page 8 - I am really enjoying reading this one, and yes @BATTLEAXE has made another beauty!

I am nearly through my backlog of fixes and builds - one to go and one to finish plans for - the goblin or the Bushwacker might head the list for the next FB build! :D
Just from my recent experience? The Goblin is way more complicated than I expected. Two nights just to tile and cut the plans out. Another night and a half to get the plans onto the foamboard. I've only recently begun cutting foam.

If it flies as well as it's supposed to, then it is totally worth it. I don't see a lot of room for bracesport style improvements, though. The Bushwhacker? Why?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Just from my recent experience? The Goblin is way more complicated than I expected. Two nights just to tile and cut the plans out. Another night and a half to get the plans onto the foamboard. I've only recently begun cutting foam.

If it flies as well as it's supposed to, then it is totally worth it. I don't see a lot of room for bracesport style improvements, though. The Bushwhacker? Why?
Lol @buzzbomb - I thought the exact opposite! Since mine was downscaled it only used 1 sheet of foam board, the parts were relatively easy to cut out, although some of the curves were a bit tough. I didn’t watch the build video even - just enjoyed figuring it out myself. I hope the build and flight redeems it!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The nano goblin is ready for a maiden tomorrow! I’m stoked!
FF089E8C-ACF8-43B7-A02E-3A9F4EE756D0.jpeg
D6FF8590-AF18-4D33-A05E-43F5DD000B17.jpeg

Attachments

• BA68DBA7-0DB7-4E5A-8FEF-C2681EEF6BE0.jpeg
    BA68DBA7-0DB7-4E5A-8FEF-C2681EEF6BE0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

OliverW

Legendary member
I thought mine went together fast. I had the plans tiled in 30 minutes and taped in 10. The plane took me 1 hour to actually build. Just be checking the wing mount like clockwork to make sure the nose hasn't started to fall off. I had that happen to me when I had a rough-ish landing.

mayan

Legendary member
Yeah! And guess what I have coming in the mail - a 4s lipo!!! 😱😁
+1

Lol @buzzbomb - I thought the exact opposite! Since mine was downscaled it only used 1 sheet of foam board, the parts were relatively easy to cut out, although some of the curves were a bit tough. I didn’t watch the build video even - just enjoyed figuring it out myself. I hope the build and flight redeems it!
The curves were the killer for me.

I maidened mine today, went ehhh have a video exporting and will upload probably tomorrow morning.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
So i went out to fly the Sportster this afternoon and had the 11x7x3 on and did a belly landing and it popped my firewall off. In the process of fixing it since the motor was off I thought I would do a mock up on the Big Gobby to see how it would balance. With the motor on, no ESC or Rx or servos, it took not one 2200, not two 2200's, but and extra 1800 2s to get it to balance. Kinda expected but disappointed as well, until... I did a search around the garage and found my buddy Scott's box of lipo's… huh. Digging around in there he has all kinds of 3s batts, there is a 4700, a 5300, and two 9000's. Ah ha, there we go, Tried the 9000 first of coarse and it went nose heavy, ok. The 5300 right at the front was to light. So it looks like I will be using the 9000's for my maiden flight and will have to buy them off him if he is willing to part with them, actually I might see if he wants to get rid of them all for one lump sum. I was amazed at how much weight it would take to balance it but I might have the solution.

With a 9000mah i might get flight times of around a half hour, perfect for film work.