FT Goblin Group Build

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I am hopping on this one as well. Planning on doing one at 125-135% to fit up a standard size motor or bigger, looking at a 36-40" wingspan, and might be able to parallel 2 2200mah 3s batts to power it. Should easily be able to do a 9-10" prop. If I go with more of a 36" wingspan I might chang to the Sportster wing for the longer wing chord respectively. I have been watching review vids on this one and haven't seen a negative point about this model whatsoever so I am excited to see this work

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I would say DO NOT MODIFY THE WING!!!! Where it is at it flies butter smooth!
I appreciate the concern there and I will keep your warning in mind bud, but it's just FB, and I haven't decided to do it that way or not yet. I have to do some measurements first to see how they compare. There is a recent FT vid I saw where the guys made a goblin-like plank wing with the Sportster wing and this is where I got the idea. Plus if you know me its always a 50/50 gamble whether it will work or not, if not I will just rebuild a new one. It's all good my friend :D Did you see how much I modified the 22 and the 4 versions I made of it, or the Arrow at 3 versions, Spear was 2 builds. I am not scared to fail and build again.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Just love how my Goblin flies! Only really crashed it once and that was because I had fitted the prop on backwards and it was developing very little thrust!
194305_3bab24151f501abbc622d15bc5cfba1a.jpg

kilroy07

Legendary member
Okay, I'm in as well...

But I gotta say, I've built 4 (or maybe 5 :unsure:) of these darn things and I can NOT get the things to fly for anything!
First was lack of reflex. 2-3 lost their noses probably due to my hesitation of getting the CG right on the leading edge...
4 died for Science; https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-goblin-nose-brace.52/
just a REAL pain to try and replace a servo on the things...

Pretty sure I've got the pieces cut out somewhere and it's a quick build, but I'm gonna ask ahead of time for some help getting it airborne!
:cautious:

mayan

Legendary member
Okay, I'm in as well...

But I gotta say, I've built 4 (or maybe 5 :unsure:) of these darn things and I can NOT get the things to fly for anything!
First was lack of reflex. 2-3 lost their noses probably due to my hesitation of getting the CG right on the leading edge...
4 died for Science; https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?resources/ft-goblin-nose-brace.52/
just a REAL pain to try and replace a servo on the things...

Pretty sure I've got the pieces cut out somewhere and it's a quick build, but I'm gonna ask ahead of time for some help getting it airborne!
:cautious:
I am right here behind you, so we can try to get it to fly together :).

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Just love how my Goblin flies! Only really crashed it once and that was because I had fitted the prop on backwards and it was developing very little thrust!
View attachment 149429
Lol - did it even fly? I tried to fly my ft-22 when I was an absolute noob and couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t fly off my b pack. I switched to a c pack and I guess I happened to get the prop on right. Newbie mistakes🤣🤣🤣

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
So long story short, I have an 1808 motor only fit for a pusher, and was considering building an arrow to use it on. Now I’m thinking it may work on a goblin. Has anyone used an 1808 or similar sized motor? My f pack is going on my arrowhead and eaf edge.

mayan

Legendary member
So long story short, I have an 1808 motor only fit for a pusher, and was considering building an arrow to use it on. Now I’m thinking it may work on a goblin. Has anyone used an 1808 or similar sized motor? My f pack is going on my arrowhead and eaf edge.
Haven’t tried so don’t know but you could run the arrowhead off an A pack too.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
What size of ESC do you have fore it?