FT Goblin Group Build

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I am a bit behind maybe but I did manage to get the foam cut out before work today. Maybe I'll start folding it tonight.
IMG_20191202_153207_resize_48.jpg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
some one had been teasing about another build so I have the plans for it but cutting out 7 or 8 sheets of foam in one go was a bit daunting. so i will be adding one sheet of it at a time to other builds. then ill just sit on the cut out bits until i am ready to attempt it
Was I teasing you, sorry man, it was totally intentional :LOL:! The Goblin actually goes together quick as you can tell by @mayan speedy assembly.

The P-47 will be a lot of hand work just to get it started. I usually do 1-2 sheets at a time and work till I need more. I haven't cut everything all at once on a build yet, sometimes there are things I like to change mid way through.

kilroy07

Legendary member
One 130% Goblin done, sans electronics yet, but here she is: View attachment 149740 View attachment 149742
Now to wait for the servos to come in and get her all set up for the maiden, I don't want to jinx myself but I am kinda excited about this one.
Very nice, I’m curious how the upscale flies, it might be a way for me to finally get one of these up in the air...
Curious, was there a specific reason for 130 or what was it “just what fit?”

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Very nice, I’m curious how the upscale flies, it might be a way for me to finally get one of these up in the air...
Curious, was there a specific reason for 130 or what was it “just what fit?”
I went with a upscale because I don't have a F pack to put in it, down to one 3536 1200kv right now. I went with 130% because I figured the 39" wingspan would be big enough to fit the motor and not to big to fit in the car. My Sportster has a 39" wingspan and fits nice, same motor I use for both planes. This size will fit an 8" prop, just a little small for a 9" though. I could have planned to move the vstabs out to the same line as the elevon reliefs but there wasn't a lot of foresight there. If I do a V2 I will see if I can fab it up to take a 10" by moving those elevon reliefs and Vstabs out a half inch or so
Lookin' good, man! The black and yellow really works on that bird.
Thanks dude, first plane that has been complete;y covered in color without paint or minwax. Just another building skill to put on the resume

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
The nano goblin is almost done! I need to finish the wings still - I just put them in for a test fit. She balances pretty well with a 1000 mah 3s all the way up in the nose. This is what I often fly my minis off of (and 1500 mah 2s) so weight won’t be an issue like it was on my versa. I took a picture of it with my mini scout for a size comparison.
2B7674CA-4A3A-4925-B5CC-E9998EE3A1E1.jpeg
A773DAFE-EAC4-4E03-AA2D-AEED2B3EE8C9.jpeg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The nano goblin is almost done! I need to finish the wings still - I just put them in for a test fit. She balances pretty well with a 1000 mah 3s all the way up in the nose. This is what I often fly my minis off of (and 1500 mah 2s) so weight won’t be an issue like it was on my versa. I took a picture of it with my mini scout for a size comparison. View attachment 149761 View attachment 149763
That would be the same size comparison if I was to put the Sportster next to my Goblin

mayan

Legendary member
some one had been teasing about another build so I have the plans for it but cutting out 7 or 8 sheets of foam in one go was a bit daunting. so i will be adding one sheet of it at a time to other builds. then ill just sit on the cut out bits until i am ready to attempt it
That’s actually a really good idea for anyone cutting out pieces by hand on large builds. Adopted!

One 130% Goblin done, sans electronics yet, but here she is: View attachment 149740 View attachment 149742
Now to wait for the servos to come in and get her all set up for the maiden, I don't want to jinx myself but I am kinda excited about this one.
Sweet!

The nano goblin is almost done! I need to finish the wings still - I just put them in for a test fit. She balances pretty well with a 1000 mah 3s all the way up in the nose. This is what I often fly my minis off of (and 1500 mah 2s) so weight won’t be an issue like it was on my versa. I took a picture of it with my mini scout for a size comparison. View attachment 149761 View attachment 149763
So cute :)!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Oh boy. You might have a serious speed demon on your hands!