FT Goblin Plans

FT Goblin Plans 1.0

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
fliteadmin submitted a new resource:

FT Goblin Plans - FT Goblin Plans

The FT Goblin was born from a collaboration between FliteTest and ReadyMade RC to create a foamboard version of their STRIX Goblin, a high-performance FPV plane. This plane fills the gap between the STRIX Goblin and the Nano Goblin in both size and speed, as it is scaled to fly off of motors commonly found on race quads. Coupled with the FT Goblin’s ability to carry a wide range of batteries, it can be set up as a light, sporty flier or as a long range FPV platform.

In fitting with the...

Read more about this resource...

Jonathan Ott

On the downloads:

The AIO is "All In One" meaning the full size and tiled versions are there.

The FS is "Full Size" to be printed on a plotter or large format printer (Staples, Office Max, etc...)

The TA is "Tiled Version A" and appears to print on 8½" x 11" paper in 21 sheets which include a tile layout, templates for the wood parts, and fold types.

The TB is "Tiled Version B and appears to print on "Tabloid" paper (11" x 17")

Is this correct?

EDinCT

I used the plans to make STL files for the FPV Cam mount.. Can I upload it on Thingiverse or am I violating a copyright or something?

Attachments

• Goblin FPV Cam Mount.jpg
    Goblin FPV Cam Mount.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 0

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
On the downloads:

The AIO is "All In One" meaning the full size and tiled versions are there.

The FS is "Full Size" to be printed on a plotter or large format printer (Staples, Office Max, etc...)

The TA is "Tiled Version A" and appears to print on 8½" x 11" paper in 21 sheets which include a tile layout, templates for the wood parts, and fold types.

The TB is "Tiled Version B and appears to print on "Tabloid" paper (11" x 17")

Is this correct?

That is correct.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Can I upload it on Thingiverse or am I violating a copyright or something?

Violating Copyright? Technically, Probably yes. The plans still retain FT's copyright, but the notice releases them for you to make free non-commercial copies. Is that Fair use of those copies to generate a STL? Maybe. Can you then post it as yours, derived from theirs? That's a bit harder to say . . . and why the lawyers are usually the only ones who win.

That being said, you're probably just fine . . . but asking first, Kudos to you (y)

@fliteadmin What say you?

EDinCT

Violating Copyright? Technically, Probably yes. The plans still retain FT's copyright, but the notice releases them for you to make free non-commercial copies. Is that Fair use of those copies to generate a STL? Maybe. Can you then post it as yours, derived from theirs? That's a bit harder to say . . . and why the lawyers are usually the only ones who win.

That being said, you're probably just fine . . . but asking first, Kudos to you (y)

@fliteadmin What say you?

Thanks for the response. Not trying to sell anything, I just enjoy building FT planes and since this one is so new nobody has made up the STL files yet. Just trying to share what I made with other scratch builders. (I hate cutting all the small holes in plywood. 3D printing makes this so much easier :)

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Not a problem at all, actually quite the contrary we welcome sharing STL and other resources from the community - which is why we recently created the Community Released Resources area. If you don't mind, we can upload it to our Sketchfab channel so a live 3D preview can be included with it, similar to this.

pk-fpv

Was curious, do you have a link to the RMRC version of the design as well? I didn't see that in the links above. Just the FT version.

EDinCT

Not a problem at all, actually quite the contrary we welcome sharing STL and other resources from the community - which is why we recently created the Community Released Resources area. If you don't mind, we can upload it to our Sketchfab channel so a live 3D preview can be included with it, similar to this.
how does this work? Do I send the files to you? Or did I start the new thread in resources? Sorry I guess I’m forum challenged :)

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You can go ahead and create the new resource, it's a pretty straight forward process but I can help along the way - just let me know.

erad05

Hi Flite Test, I scratch built the FT Goblin and it wasn't that easy to cut the curbs. Finishing I admit it's not perfect.
Then I painted it with acrylic paint and today I maidend it..... And it was awesome. With the Graupen 2804 Motor and a 6x4 Prop, 2200mah 3 cell it flew like hell. It started out of my hand without throwing it, flew nicely fast and slow. And not to forget it makes much less noise than the mini Arrow with 2s and same power equipment. It's just a great great great plane the Goblin.
Thanks to André the constructor, who really did an absolutely great job! I'm really impressed and enthusiastic about this plane.
I used 8 gr Servos and in the end I came to 464 grams, which is good to fly it anywhere without restrictions here in Switzerland.

Attachments

• FT Goblin maiden.jpg
    FT Goblin maiden.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • FT Goblin Paintjob.jpg
    FT Goblin Paintjob.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

FlyingDebris

rc noob
I don't know if this chat is dead or not but whatever. I'm building the ft goblin, but they don't say what prop to use, I'm using the motor and ESC they recommend. I'm also going to be using the 3s 1300 man and 3s 2200mah. So what prop? I still don't know how to choose props.

Thanks

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I don't know if this chat is dead or not but whatever. I'm building the ft goblin, but they don't say what prop to use, I'm using the motor and ESC they recommend. I'm also going to be using the 3s 1300 man and 3s 2200mah. So what prop? I still don't know how to choose props.

Thanks
I have a 2205 2150KV motor on mine and it fly's great on a 6 x 4.5 two blade prop running on a 2265mAh 3S

Headbang

Master member
This is on my list. Have a 2205 2150kv put away for it. Plan to run on 2200mAh 4s. I have seen both ready made goblins fly. Watched the screen while it cranked up to 240km/h. Truly awesome.

daxian

Elite member
just built this one too ...from plans ! think i messed up on the wing ,as mine did not line up right for the joining
had to do a little trimming to get a good join ...now i can only use a 5x4 prop ....should be ok with a 2204 motor though !!

Attachments

• goblin ft.JPG
    goblin ft.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0

lmclaren

Hi,

Are the full size pdf plans for the FT Goblin available as a cad drawing so I can have it laser cut?

thanks
Lee