FT Goblin Plans

FT Goblin Plans 1.0

Headbang

Master member
Pdf plans are vector pdf files. You can import that into your program of choice and setup the layout. Then save as needed.

lmclaren

Thanks Headbang,
I a new to this but when I import the pdf to convert to dxf I get all the fold type marking lines as well that I will have to remove before cutting, Am I missing something?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Thanks Headbang,
I a new to this but when I import the pdf to convert to dxf I get all the fold type marking lines as well that I will have to remove before cutting, Am I missing something?
You can delete the stuff you don’t want by selecting same stroke and fill. Or, turn off those layers when it is a PDF then export what’s left.

Headbang

Master member
Thanks Headbang,
I usually import, clean everything up and lay it out more suitable for cutting. Then save as dxf. Then open that in estlcam and setup my cuts to be exported to gcode. Beginning to end takes about 30mins per sheet. It is a lot of work for a 1 off, but how often do we just cut one? Setting up the cuts will depend on your machine compatibility.

lmclaren

You can delete the stuff you don’t want by selecting same stroke and fill. Or, turn off those layers when it is a PDF then export what’s left.

I have imported into Inkscape and can select and move to layers, you mention to turn off layers when its a pdf, I have tried a few pdf readers and they don't see the layers, If I import the pdf to Inkscape it does not have any layer either, Am I using the wrong pdf reader or can I only get layers by using Inkscape and selecting stroke and fill and moving myself?

thank you

Brett_N

hey has anyone been able to get a slower motor with a bigger prop to work on this? We now have noise restrictions at our field on rear pushers (primarily the "whiney" prop in front of TE type wings like my beloved mini arrows :cry::cry: )

Wondering if I can make one of these guys super quiet

Headbang

Master member
No reason it would not work. Only down side would be larger potential for breaking props. Will end up sacrificing speed as well most likely.

Aurelienvds

Hi,
I want to make this plane from my house but I have Some questions ? First, I have to use 3mm or 5mm foam board ? The second one is, wich plan I have to chose to print on sheet A4 ? Sorry for my English but I am belgian. Thx for your answer

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Ok, Reviving and old thread, what can I say, I'm a noob. :) and back after a 25 year hiatus.

So did we ever find out as Josh had stated that FT was going to Pre-Plan the RCRM Goblin, and then kit one of them. (We obviously know FT went with Andrew's design, most likely because FT owns the design where as the RCRM, probably not so much)
Did the RCRM Pre-Plans get released by chance, or has anyone put the RCRM Goblin version into DoubleCAD_Xt yet?.

Attached is the one I'm looking for. :) View attachment 178810
Sorry, they never released those plans.

sirjaymz

Hi,
I want to make this plane from my house but I have Some questions ? First, I have to use 3mm or 5mm foam board ? The second one is, wich plan I have to chose to print on sheet A4 ? Sorry for my English but I am belgian. Thx for your answer

5mm board would be recommended.
Tile Plan A