FT Goblin vs. FT Dart

IcedStorm777

I am gonna go with the goblin. So i am wanting to fly fast FPV. Not necessarily shooting gates but there are some light poles at the parking lot i fly in that are probably 15ft apart that i wanna shoot. So i guess fast and low. But not just low. I really want a good FPV plank/wing style plane that can fly fast and be a lot of fun.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I am gonna go with the goblin. So i am wanting to fly fast FPV. Not necessarily shooting gates but there are some light poles at the parking lot i fly in that are probably 15ft apart that i wanna shoot. So i guess fast and low. But not just low. I really want a good FPV plank/wing style plane that can fly fast and be a lot of fun.
You made the right choice. have fun and good luck

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor

Sounds good...Just be careful flying low - I'd hate for someone to get hit with it accidentally. Ever since I got hit in the head with a Versa Wing, I've been overly cautious about flight safety.

IcedStorm777

Sounds good...Just be careful flying low - I'd hate for someone to get hit with it accidentally. Ever since I got hit in the head with a Versa Wing, I've been overly cautious about flight safety.

No worries, i only fly when no one is around because that is how much of a good pilot i am ;). Also how did that happen?!?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
No worries, i only fly when no one is around because that is how much of a good pilot i am ;). Also how did that happen?!?

Our club was flying a combat event - we were trying to knock other planes out of the air. Fortunately, I was wearing a helmet when one of the other Versa Wings being launched had a battery slip and cause it to go awry, flipping back to come into the flight line and hit me square on the head. You can see where it hit and went up on the helmet, and the dig down towards the bottom was where the prop struck the helmet. I got VERY lucky.

59509929226__74BFB132-DCA9-4746-9CD8-111E2EEF4D06 (1).JPG

DAWNSIGHT4

So what are the pros and cons of these two planes. I am looking at getting one of them. I am hoping to have a light, fast, and nimble FPV wing style plane to shoot trees, fly FPV and generally have a good time. Which plane would you recommend. Thanks!

The dart is a bit squirly, and a bit challenging to throw right, However, the dart is really nice for flying right in front of the house, and the fourm factor is really nice, not to mention the flat spins are a great crowd pleaser. The goblin is for high speed stable FPV flight. It is nice because i can throw in a sweet camera set up with gopro, and 2200 mah battery and still get it to balance with 8-10min high speed flight times. (The dart only has about 5mins without FPV on a 450mah 3s) The goblin works great with the turnigy 2200kv 2121 motor because it can keep a great speed with a 30 amp esc for a long time. The goblin is also very easy to strap to a backpack and carry to a park. However, due to its speed, the goblin you need to take to a place where you can have some space to really let it rip. Where as the dart you can really fly everywhere. It all really depends on what you want your experience to be. It's like comparing a tiny whoop (Ft dart) to a FT gremlin (FT goblin) It all depends on the experience you want to have.

eeck62

I love my Goblin. It has been my go to, easy to throw in the car airplane. Mine will flies pretty slow and still zips along. I like it better with a 3s 1300 than 4s 1300. It doesn’t seem to gain much in performance with the added weight of the 4s. It seems to fly longer with the 3s as well.

Emax 2205 by 2300kv
Prop APC 6x4 works great but break periodically
HQ 5x4.5x3 is good but doesn’t have high end, I have a HQ 6x4.5 to try
2x 9 gram Emax servos
Runcam Split 2
TBS Unify Pro HV