FT goodies for Christmas

basslord1124

Master member
Anybody asking Santa for any FT goodies? Or got any plans to get some FT stuff for Christmas for your kids?

Our little one is to young for FT but she is getting a ton of stuff. Maybe someday when she's older I can fix her up with some FT goodness. I don't expect much for me for Christmas, but I did put on there some more 9g servos, Lemon receiver, and 4 different FT speedbuilds (Bushwhacker, Racer, Spitfire, Mustang) that family could choose from.

JTarmstr

Elite member
Anybody asking Santa for any FT goodies? Or got any plans to get some FT stuff for Christmas for your kids?

Our little one is to young for FT but she is getting a ton of stuff. Maybe someday when she's older I can fix her up with some FT goodness. I don't expect much for me for Christmas, but I did put on there some more 9g servos, Lemon receiver, and 4 different FT speedbuilds (Bushwhacker, Racer, Spitfire, Mustang) that family could choose from.

Well.... there might be a C pack twin and some 3S 1000 mah batteries on the list.

Mode 1

Yep. a lot of RC stuff has been added to my wish list. Motors, ESC's, Servos and maybe a Speed build kit or two. It's all mostly inexpensive stuff so that's a win! My son and I are both going to find FPV goggles under the tree this year. I can't wait for him to open them. I will make a plane for my dad, who at 81, still flies multiple times per week.

Tjhochha

I showed my dad's friend my FT planes and he was super impressed with how well they flew. Then I told him how cheap they were, now he's buying a full setup for his grandson for Christmas. I need to try to convince him the warbirds are not the way to go for a first plane.

I've taken a step back from mine back to my FT Cub so I can get better at flying before I completely destroy my corsair.

JTarmstr

Elite member
I showed my dad's friend my FT planes and he was super impressed with how well they flew. Then I told him how cheap they were, now he's buying a full setup for his grandson for Christmas. I need to try to convince him the warbirds are not the way to go for a first plane.

I've taken a step back from mine back to my FT Cub so I can get better at flying before I completely destroy my corsair.

You can tell him my first story. I started Ft with the mustang (i learned on the HobbyZone champ though) short story i never got to fly the mustang longer than 10 seconds. I am learning on the viggen now and its quite possibly my favorite.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Well both of my C pack motors don't spin right any more so I'll need to replace those.

I also want some more batteries for my EDF jets, and possibly another fan unit so I can build a twin engine EDF:D

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I pretty much blew through my FT budget going to Flite Fest. I will pickup 10 more sheets of foamboard to complete a Kracken and an F-16.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I'm not expecting much for Christmas other than memories and love. (And a Special Ornament, a tradition started years ago, to get one ornament for the tree that signifies something important that happened that year, for each person in the family. My mom says she found mine for this year, and it has scalloped wings!!)

My son goes tomorrow (today now) to sign the paperwork to join the military. He won't be here next year. I'm trying to get him some tires for his truck. Exciting, right? Tires for Christmas. He's an amazing kid, and he gets it.

My mom and I will continue on. It's been just the three of us for so long. I've carted that child all over the East Coast trying to find work in years past. (Long-ass story. Wife left when he was an infant, and I had to quit my job.) We travelled and stayed with friends and family trying to find work. Then my Mother's spine broke and she was no longer able to work and could babysit. The three of us have since spent a lot of years taking care of each other.

My Ex ruined me for finding another. I'm OK with that, I'm happy and content. My son leaving, though? Yeah, his special Christmas Ornament this year is a sparkly poo.

It's a poo, because he's leaving us. It's sparkly because of his future. On his own. Doing his thing. His future is sparkly.

Pooh. He's leaving us.

What I wrote above? My heart is expanding as we speak. I'm going to miss the little guy. Who is now a senior in High School, about to graduate, join the military and do all the awesome things and create all the memories that I did.

He wanted a combat MOS. He wants to serve at the sharp end. He's going to be a Calvary Scout. He's taking my car (I don't trust his truck for the trip) and going to sign the paperwork. Without me. Because I've go to let him go do his own thing.

Anybody who is actually reading this has probably realized by now that I am rambling. Not without reason, though. My only child. My son. All grown up and what he wants to do is serve. Serve at the end of the sharpest stick he could find. I am totally scared for him. I am ridiculously proud of him.

I challenge anyone, anywhere at anytime to give a parent a better Christmas present than a child who has grown to be their own person. Regardless of how scary that might be.

I've got a little off track. I do that sometimes, but it's probably pretty obvious my heart is full and I needed to let a little bit of it out.

Back to foamboard planes, I've got a friend who knows how badly I want to get my planes in the air. He's helping me out. Soon. Early Christmas present stuff for me. I hope to be flying soon.

Last edited:

PoorManRC

Master member
There's a FT Guinea Pig on my list, as well as a FT Bronco, Sportster and Viggen...
Sheets of the new FT Foam Board, three 30A ESCs, five 9g Servos, a GOOD Hot Glue Gun, 2216 and 2826 Motors and more Landing Gear Stuff....

I won't get any of it. Just not the luck of the draw anymore here. I'm learning to accept that. It's a thing called life. I tried to help us a few times in the past year. I have a PayPal Donation Account, that I set up for my Family...
Nobody wanted to help, that's their privilege. I'm tired of asking anymore...
Some Months, we can barely Eat.... But I'm not without some Blessings. GOOD things have happened too!

I gained NEW FRIENDS!! That's a great present! I've got a great new Hobby, that I'm thrilled about, and have so far received unprecedented help (for me) getting started. Another great Present!

It would be an awesome Christmas indeed, if my Wife, Cindi, can get her Cancer turned around. That would be the ultimate!!

d8veh

Elite member
I'm not expecting much for Christmas other than memories and love. (And a Special Ornament, a tradition started years ago, to get one ornament for the tree that signifies something important that happened that year, for each person in the family. My mom says she found mine for this year, and it has scalloped wings!!)
I share that tradition too. I'm always putting winged objects in trees to signify an important event vis a vis a just completed a beautiful new plane after spending weeks building it and making it look pretty. I don't only do it at Christmas though.

Last edited:

basslord1124

Master member
Wow, a few of of you sharing your stories as well...I truly didn't expect to see it in this thread but I love it and love reading it. Granted I opened up with a "us and our toys" approach, I am truly thankful and blessed for our daughter Sadie. Born Dec. 11 last year at an early 24 weeks...she wasn't supposed to be due til beginning of April! Spent 3 months at the NICU watching her continue to grow and strive. She is our only child and it's possible she could always be that way. And so far, we've been extremely lucky with no major issues other than being on oxygen for a few months after leaving NICU. She is at the stage now where she is starting to get teeth and have a hilarious chatty personality...although she is still shy around strangers sometimes. She's still behind too on some developmental stuff (grabbing, sitting, etc) but I have full faith that she will catch up. We've seen her learn quick anyways so it's only a matter of time. Truly amazing! And I should mention, thanks to our NICU nurse friends (yes friends, we've even added them on Facebook), and our other circle of friends/family...it's almost like Sadie has been a local celebrity with everyone watching her grow inside the NICU AND outside of the NICU.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
It's great to hear things going well and getting better for my friends here, old and new.

On the gift side, the last couple years I have been lucky enough to get a balsa airplane kit from my family - hopefully that will continue. :D The other RC gifting I participate in is The Crash Cast Secret Santa project in the memory of our friend Crash Hancock who passed on two years ago. http://www.angleofattackpodcast.com/tccsscontact.php

But we jut got the best gift ever over last weekend when my teenage daughters treatment program for her POTS / vertigo started working. She has been able to start back to school this week after being mostly bedridden / couch bound for almost 4 weeks. It's been an incredible blow for her to go from co-captain of her high school JV volleyball team in September to getting vertigo / tunnel vision / passing out every time she just stood up at the end of October, and seeing her be able to move around normally and smile about things again this week is so damn good.

PoorManRC

Master member
@d8veh We've always done similar, with Planes, Trains, and Hot Rods!

@basslord1124 - what a Blessing!! We just found out that there's a little Granddaughter on the way!!! Your Sadie is nothing short of a Miracle!!

@rockyboy - Our Prayers are with you and your family for your Daughter's full recovery! So happy for you that she's improving!!