FT Gremlin Guardian Power Loss

LNXMachine

I built a Gremlin Guardian and while I'm flying it will sometimes lose power for a split second where it drops several feet before the motors start back up. Sometimes they never restart, and I have to disarm and rearm it before I can fly again. I just few it a few minutes ago and it lost power twice and complete stopped once.

I'm using a Lemon RX receiver with a Spektrum DXS receiver. Trying to narrow down if it's a flight controller issue or RX issue. I checked all the connections for shorts when I soldered everything up and nothing showed up. Any thoughts?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
- How long into a flight is this?
- What is the cell voltage of the batteries after this happens?
- Do you loose video?
- Is there an OSD on the gremlin? if so, can you record the DVR with cell voltage on it when the issue happens?
- have you check your wires to make sure you don't have anything that could bump/short/come loose?

LNXMachine

- How long into a flight is this?
- What is the cell voltage of the batteries after this happens?
- Do you loose video?
- Is there an OSD on the gremlin? if so, can you record the DVR with cell voltage on it when the issue happens?
- have you check your wires to make sure you don't have anything that could bump/short/come loose?

It varies how soon into the flight, I've had it happen 30 seconds in or it's flown for a few minutes before doing it. I'm flying it line of sight, so no FPV. I haven't tested the voltage of the battery after flight, I usually don't fly it enough to drain the battery completely and I've been charging it fully before flying again. I have 2 650mAh ones, I can try the other battery, not sure if I have used it yet.
I just took it apart and checked all the solder joints, they look good and solid.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
sounds like something is either triggering the FC to restart or your loosing radio link. with out a black box log or OSD data recording, it can be hard to ID what is happening. off the top of my head I could see any of the following:
- bad connection between RX and FC board
- RX loosing signal causing a failsafe
- to much noise on the power rails causing the FC to restart (missing/damaged capacitor)
- power voltage sag causing the power getting to low causing the FC to restart
- random short/loose wire somewhere
- motor sticking slightly causing unusually high current
- sensor on FC going haywire causing the FC to trigger a panic state causing it to restart itself

Can you get a video of it flying with it happening?
do you get any telemetry on your radio? if so, can you record it and share the log?

[with out some data, we are mostly guessing... if your flying LOS, the easiest way to get that data - putting it on the OSD and recording the DVR isn't available... which leaves black box recordings or recording any telemetry data going back to the TX]

LNXMachine

I redid the battery connector solder connections and was able to fly for over five minutes without any issues. Thanks.